Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

german to ireland telephone question

Options
  • 09-07-2003 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a german phone , and bringing it back to Ireland. It is one of the gigaset cordless range from Siemens.

My question is would the connectors be the same or different to the ones at home.

What other problems might I have (I know the plug is different but thats an easy one to fix)

Vielen Dank,
    P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

the rest should be set in th phone s/w

eg German Ring noises are like Irish busy noises but the country setting normally sorts this out

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Brought my phone back with me in January Pablo, i did get as far as getting a converter to plug it in the irish phone socket but wasnt working at that stage...havnt bothered with it since...just havnt got round to it.

Cant tell ya which one it was...(wonder where the hell i put it:rolleyes: ) but it was standard deutsche telekom issue...which was a hundred times better than the $hite €ircon push out over here.

ps. a sunshine live listener i see:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

thanks for the tips guys.

I'll leave it so.

Advertisement