Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chieftec dragon Big tower case

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Check this pic of my one and you'll see

Pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

i tought those boxes were slots for fans!?

im looking at the right thing amant I?
    Thanks byt eh way.

Yeah they can be too, they cool the h/ds, i've 2 fans in those aswell

cool. thanks.
    i should probably get some fans.
    whered you get yours...komplett?

• Advertisement

Yip both of them from komplett, very nice cases.
    If your getting fans for the h/d bays make sure you get ones with long cables for a bit of leway as the normal ones caused problems for me.

is that six hard drives!

How did you get your floppy to stay put, theres no securer things like there is for the cd drives.?

Basically theres a sliding tray to put 2 floppy drives in handy enough.
    You need to take off the front of the case to unscrew it to take it out.

you screw them in, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

Konix if you do a search on google about the case their is a good website that goes though the whole case.... I might have a link at home for the site if i find it i'll post it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have one of these.. full of fans.. excellent case.. though i made no mods to it.. no cool lights and stuff like that.

thanks for all teh help guys. i managed to put everything together except teh floppy....really couldnt be arsed taking off the cover and stuff.
    one thing. they didnt give me a ribbon cable for the cd drives...i have a cdr and a dvd so i got one in work. the problem is it only registers one drive at a time...no matter how i arrange the order etc? any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

Have you set slave and master drives???

i dont thinkso. how do i do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

did you cut that window yourself? if you did, how difficult was it?

can you explain that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Konix, there should be instructions on most drives as how to set slave/master. It's just a simple matter of putting the jumper in the right position. Exactly the same with hard drives, if you've ever used multiple drives.

Very nice case mod, PPC. But I soon shall have mine modded, and my PC shall put all yours to utter foolish shame! Bwahahah! And yes, Cheiftec cases do indeed rock the kasbah!

yeah, ive got my hard drives up nd runnning no problem. slave and master but am verry confused about the cd drives. itll only register one at a time and its always the cdr one therefore i cant use me cdr. just thought id explain again.

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Very nice case mod, PPC. But I soon shall have mine modded, and my PC shall put all yours to utter foolish shame! Bwahahah! And yes, Cheiftec cases do indeed rock the kasbah!
    Cheers :) I'll be getting mine done up soon aswell if i get a chance, havent bothered with it really :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Some drives have 2 master settings.. one for Master (single drive) and the other for Master (with slave) so make sure yours does not have this setting.. if so change it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Konix
    yeah, ive got my hard drives up nd runnning no problem. slave and master but am verry confused about the cd drives. itll only register one at a time and its always the cdr one therefore i cant use me cdr. just thought id explain again.

Are you sure you have them on the right IDE cables?

saruman was right. thanks.

Advertisement