Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nation States forum

Options
  • 09-07-2003 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Well as there seems to be a following of the online game NationStates and it may be a good idea to have a forum for it ??

Anyone else think its a good idea ?

http://www.nationstates.net

Gandalf.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Started playing it other day heh its good :P

Give it a board! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Second that! I've been playing it aswell for a few weeks!

Feels good to be in control. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The joy wears off after about a month or two :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If memory serves me this was a fad back in march which of course had a forum request thrown in however i believe it was denied as other forums were within its topical area.at least i think that was why.tbh i dont see this perk in nation state interest lasting.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The webgames board could do with the traffic.
    I played it myself for a few weeks but as Gordon says it runs out of steam. Even the author said it was never supposed to be a long term game. Fun though!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I think twas myself who asked for it a few months back. Once the policies started repeating themelves it lost steam.
    My nation got deleted after so many months of inactivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

How boards is under DeVores iron fist...

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=boardsie

Check that in 2 weeks to see what a great place it has turned under better, improved leadership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Boardsie's national animal is the Japanese Schoolgirl, which is also the nation's favorite main course

HE he eh ehe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yes, webgames has dealt with nation states so far and based on that there's not enough nation states traffic/interest to justify its own forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Nationstates is a great game - i set up a region and now all things political that I would also debate on the boards get debated in my region - the Allied States of EuroIslanders - I too would be very very in favour of a board for it, especially since it would enable us to talk about stuff where many other members of Nationstates couldn't see us.

1) There is a possible 360,000 people to recruit to boards.ie!
    2) We could have a boards.ie empire in nationstates!

Gowan DeV, you know you want to - we'd take good care of it, honest!

PS If webgames dealt with it, they didn't do it very well since in a post I did in politics, quite a few replies were had and a number of new nations set up, even by people who didn't reply - I'd say 36 odd people is enought to justify a board of it's own esp given the influx of people from said game to boards.ie (£££ from advertising!!) hint frickin hint lol.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow.. the idea of doing something for Advertising revenue is almost as funny as this:
    The Republic of Boardsie is a huge, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-working, cynical population of 278 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A large private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Pizza Delivery.

Meat-eating is frowned upon, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boardsie's national animal is the Japanese Schoolgirl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the euro.

Actually that doesnt sound so bad really! Except for the no-meat-eating thing... I mean, what do they put on their pizza?
    amp likes to put fruit on his. he's ****ing weird that way....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Japanese School Girl eh? Where do I sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gwan teh Truckl0r

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by DeVore

amp likes to put fruit on his. he's ****ing weird that way....

Wierd is someone who doesn't like one of the most popular type of pizzas in the world.

And as I have screamed at you before:

TOMATO IS A FRUIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Of course the 'and the tenet of free speech is held dear' wasn't in it when I pasted the link 2 days ago.

You see, 2 days and look at the vast improvement... :)

I'm sorry but "fruit" is something that tastes good with Icecream.

Screw you and your dictionary definitions.... the only thing that should go on pizza apart from Cheese and Tomato sauce is meat. (For these purposes I will also define Jalapaeno peppers and the occasional mushroom as 'meat'.)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pineapple belongs on pizzas you freaks. Meat also does.

Fish doesn't.

you... are clearly deranged. Though I agree that fish does not belong on pizza. That is all.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

pepperion :D:D:D ham :D:D:D hot pepper,s :D:D cheese on 12" base

and anyone that say other wise is a crazy crazy man

Either way, I just like what tastes good. Just like music. And women. And plastic cups.

P.s. Bizmark, if your not careful, we'll run out of :D 's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The reason the requests for a nation states board are refused is cos Dev and others 'in the know' know that the issues recycle after oh, say a month, and then everybody looses interest and the latest boards.ie nation states trend will die. Its a webgame, it belongs on the webgames board.

Just as anchovies belong on pizzas.

That is all.

Except for maybe tuna, tuna can be good too*.

*if its fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ah amp with out the :D icon i cant fake being happy !! WHAT would i do!

the little :D kept me going dureing the great esat iolbb/bizmark war which i won !! woho :p

Originally posted by Evil Phil

Just as anchovies belong on pizzas.

That is all.

Except for maybe tuna, tuna can be good too*.

*if its fresh

Is this a scuba thing? It is, isn't it?

Advertisement