Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GigSmart Compilation to be Stocked in HMV's Nationwide from Next week.

Options
  • 09-07-2003 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hey everyone, more good news today, I just got off the phone with The Distribution Director for Audio Sales of HMV in the UK.
    Again when I introduced myself, he said “Hey how are you doing, its great to finally be talking to you after so much talking about you”.
    Apparently he just got off the phone with RMG Distribution in Ireland ( the same people that we originally approached to Distribute the CD but turned it down ) and asked can you get us a few hundred copies of this CD into our stores.
    So I’d imagine that soon enough the RMG will be contacting me asking for a few copies, but if not then HMV have said that they would be interested in dealing with us directly, which will take a few weeks to clear but its still great to see that we are turning heads in an industry that is Notorious for being hard to crack into.
    Aswell as that he said that he’d secure us some special treatment regarding rack space, and said that it wouldn’t be hidden down the back somewhere, it would be up front in the New Releases section and if it does well he said that he’d talk to RMG about getting some funding for the CD to be placed in the Listener’s section where anyone can put on the headphones and listen to the CD before they choose to buy it.
    This is all good news, I am thrilled to bits and so should you be.
    I’d imagine that after the mid week sales and RMG being told buy the Countries biggest Music Stockist that someone somewhere will have taken note, and I foresee some Scouts being out for this Gig on Thursday so lets put on the best show that we can see whats next for this Rollercoaster ride that we made.

Literally over boiling with the Excitement.

Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

This is really great for everyone involved, who knows were you guys can go from here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Golden Discs have also just made an order for the Disc and it looks like Virgin will also be following suit.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I remember ages ago when Tom was saying how he wanted the CD in the top ten, no questions asked, I was thinking 'really hope so but don't know if it'll happen'. I, for one, have been so so so proved wrong. It's not in the top ten yet but it's heading in that direction and the exposure is probably more than anyone expected. Except Thomas of course. :D

I'm so chuffed for the three of you and the bands. You're brilliant!!

Fiona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Big push tommorrow and anything might happen Roxy! Anyway the biggest party' in town tommorrow night is going on in Temple Bar Music Centre! Hope to see y'all there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Roxy thanks for the kind words, but this thing couldn't have done as well as its been doing if it weren't for you and people like you who bought the disc.
    There'll be huge celebrations tonight everyone come down and if its not the highlight of the year, I'll let you all punch Tom in the face.

Niall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement