Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS9 where to now?

Options
  • 09-07-2003 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Well DS9 has been over quite a while now and with the apparent end of TNG movies, do anyone see DS9 getting a chance to sign on the big screen? sure the people are far apart but that never stopped them before? or do you think they'll go straight to voyager?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i dont know i mean how can you replace the big E?

ds9 movie would be cool IF they got the fantastic politic tension in the movie and not just a "LOOK AT THE DIFENT BLOW UP THE CARDYS!!!!!!" if they really got a good story with a bit of war in it then ds9 would be a fine fine movie

A voyager movie would no douth be about the borg and how a 700,000 ton ship can destroy every freaking cube they come across i never really liked voyager and its "homeword bound" story i douth it would make a good film

If this is the last tng film it will truely be a end of a great st era and i for one will be very sad to never see the E-E or E-F ever again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭[P]*Deus_Alpha

I doubt they will make a voyager, they have bled the story line dry with them, and seeming as Janeyway is an Admeral she won't be direstly in charge of the ship. I would like to see a movie with the voyager crew in it, new captain maybe?

DS9 i never liked as much as TNG but its still brilliant, i reckon DS9 would be a great movie backdrop because of the politics in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah i do think the politics would make a good story also as long though as it didn't have any of that religious bull**** i'd be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The religous part was ok.. i mean at the end of the day it was only religous for the Bajorans... the reality was the prophets were Aliens, more evolved than humanoids sure.. not as powerful as the Q but still... And Sisco was part alien too!

Sisco was my fave captain.. once he shaved his head and grew a goatee :D

Not only did he have presense but he could hold his own in a fight and not look a little weakling like Picard.. saying that Picard was almost as good.. just not as convincing in a fight but better than sisco in captain like stuff...

A DS9 movie would be great. If they were to use the borg thing again it would make a great staging area for a first line of defence against an invasion. Bring in the enterprise crew also. Best of both worlds (scuze the pun :D).

Even if it was borg free.. we could still have it as a first line of defence against some cool enemy.. maybe there could be the beginning of a war between the federation and the aliens they are supposed to destroy in the future (from Enterprise).

religon = evil EVIL!

• Advertisement

it was not the fact that the prohets where actually alien but more some of the mediocre (sp?) story lines that could come as a result, and all the emissary stuff. I don't necessarily think the Borg would be required, to be honest they are becoming to easy to beat these days and it looked like voyager more or less wiped them out in its final episode, i think they need a newer more powerful enemy but yet still they overcome the odds :)

847 fecking 9

with a fix to their nano tech problum nooooooooooooo problums :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I think they should do more with the dominion they rocked. I wouldnt rule out voyager in a movie just cos janeway is an admiral, they always seem to make an excuse for regulars to come back, just look at worf in the past 3 movies. I can see it now, Janeway busted down to captain for eating the federation presidents toasted ham and cheese sandwich or some other stupid scenerio.

yeah or some review of her actions in the delta quadrant after some species lodges a complaint

unknown admiral "we have no choice but to uphold the principals of starfleet and reduce your rank to captain"

crowd: general mumbling

janeway: gives wry grin to indicate she is actually delighted with the decision as she doesn't like admiralcy nods her head and says "indeed sir"

leaves hearing and there is much discussion about how this is the same thing that happened to kirk and she starts hoping she will get command of voyager again or something

They should really make a ds9 movie, i want to know what happens to sisko!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Yeah, the end of DS9 left me feeling "OMG that's it... What?", with every1 just going there seperate way's.

Chief O'Brien would be very welcome back into a new movie, he IS the new scotty IMO.

yeah i'd welcome o'brien back and worf and would like them to work it so odo comes back also. I can see it now some threat that even the dominion can't stop and odo comes to warn the federation about it and that it is on the way. For some reason though the enterprise is miracously away and can't deal with this threat for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I've thought that a film set during the dominion war would make a pretty good movie, not necessarily focusing on the DS9 crew...perhaps another crew that had just as many adventures. After all the war did go on for 3 years (seasons 5-7 or so) so there should be plenty of material there. It could tell their story in the months leading up to the invasion of cardassia, perhaps their participation in the chintoka system battle and so on.

Just don't let Jeri Taylor anywhere near it...

Remember that gem hadar fleet that the prophits made vanish, well how about they find a second wormhole or something and invade the alpha quadrant, so the federation sends a ship to get odo to ask them to call off the invasion and that ship? Why its the defiant of course complete with all your familiar faces their new careers went badly and now they are back for more action.

well for the Very good reasions

Their in no state to declear war
    odo though the founders that all soilds arent evil and the fed doesnt mean them any harm
    The fed isnt in any state to defend themselfs right now
    It would make a stupid same old same old movie

Well since they wouldnt have been in contact with the dominion leadership since they were transported they would assume their orders stood ie. attack the alpha quadrant and the fact that the federation are in a bad way would make it more interesting also its star trek they use the same ideas all the time. Maybe its just me but i think that first contact is the best movie in recent times and that was an old idea made into a movie and didnt nemesis remind you of undiscovered country?

Well since they wouldnt have been in contact with the dominion leadership since they were transported they would assume their orders stood ie

did u see the last ep of ds9 ???? the female shapeshifter stoped the war and their fleets returned through the wormhole

secondly theirs no reasion a invadeion fleet couldnt be in contact with their home world as the fed always could contact ds9 through the wormhole

Thirdly ST 10 reminded me of St 2 not ST 6 ........... And seeming in my view st 2 and 10 (and 8) where the best thats no bad thing

Thirdly ST 10 reminded me of St 2 not ST 6 ........... And seeming in my view st 2 and 10 (and 8) where the best thats no bad thing

That was my point, whats the harm doing more on the dominion war i thought it was really good and had some of the best episodes of recent trek.
    Yes i did see the last episode of ds9, but thats not the fleet i meant remember when the federation took ds9 back from the dominion? Well the minefield was there to stop the dominion fleet getting through, but it was taken down and before the fleet made it to the other side sisko got the prophets to send the fleet somewhere far far away, my point was that if that fleet found a way to the alpha quadrant they wouldnt know the war was over and would launch an attack against the fed.

i thing they destroyed that fleet not sent it far away (i think)

But that show has been over for what 7 years ? be hard to get them all back together again and get them to look like they did 7 years ago

maybe a DS9 film set in the "Real" timeline say 7-8 years after the war ...in this time the cardy/fed/klingons are getting along fine However since the sov scimitar fight the romulans have diceded on a new tatic to destroy the fed ..... Seeming its clear than their,s no way they will ever be able to match the fed in millitry power The romulans start playing a spy/diplomatic game to turn the fed allies against them .

thing about it .... we get the good of st ds9 (great politic tension space battles etc etc etc) might get to see a few new designed ships and stuff while keeping the timeline as is

Sounds good, but i didnt mean set the movie 8 yrs ago in the trek timeline, but maybe it has taken them 8 yrs to find a wormhole to the alpha quadrant or something, im pretty sure that they were just transported i can vaguely remember sisko saying that they would take 60 yrs to get back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I heard a rumour ages ago (around the time of insurrection) about a DS9 movie which would show the Dominion War. Dunno, totally unconfirmed and I dont mean to get peoples hopes up or anything, but thats what I'd assume they would make should they make a DS9 movie.

I mean after the ending of the series (which might I saw was probably the weirdest ending of all the series) where do they go from there? ;)

Horay!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mcgarnicle
    That was my point, whats the harm doing more on the dominion war i thought it was really good and had some of the best episodes of recent trek.

Yes i did see the last episode of ds9, but thats not the fleet i meant remember when the federation took ds9 back from the dominion? Well the minefield was there to stop the dominion fleet getting through, but it was taken down and before the fleet made it to the other side sisko got the prophets to send the fleet somewhere far far away, my point was that if that fleet found a way to the alpha quadrant they wouldnt know the war was over and would launch an attack against the fed.

Yes i agree that the dominion war was good but at the end of the days its over and though i'd probably enjoy a film about it i would like to see them move on

With regards to the fleet no matter whether they where destroyed or just flung afar, if they where destroyed you have no premise and if they where flung afar the first thing they would do would be communicate back home which is a lot quicker then travelling if i recall correctly and they would recieve an update about what the hell happened so again there is no premise on this fact IMO

i agree with dataisgod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

what about poor odo he went off to join the great link sure there cudnt be a war with odo on their side besides although it would be great to have a film, better to rember it at its peak then have a film which turns out to be a big let down..... even though everybody would go and see it it would be a hard act to improve upon that final series....

welcome to boards napalm, and specifically the star trek forum i think previous points where though although odo was there, these ships would not know about the end of the war as they where flung half way across the galaxy, now a great premise i don't think for reasons i've mentioned above

aye its basicly like voyager but with out the voyageing part and a lot of shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    welcome to boards napalm, and specifically the star trek forum i think previous points where though although odo was there, these ships would not know about the end of the war as they where flung half way across the galaxy, now a great premise i don't think for reasons i've mentioned above

In fairness, seeing as the prophets are as powerful as they appear, I would assume one of two things :

A) The prophets used their awesome powers to completely destroy the dominion vessel.

B) The prophets used their awesome powers to transport the dominion vessel to another place in time. This seems the most likely as it is commonly pointed out that the prophets have no concept of time i.e. they exist outside of it. As a result at the end of the series benjamin sisko states that he may return in a few hundred years or tomorrow. My point being why send them across the galaxy when you could just transport them 1,000,000's of years into the past where they could do no harm?

And by "awesome powers" I mean their superior technology ;)

Originally posted by Ivan

A. My point being why send them across the galaxy when you could just transport them 1,000,000's of years into the past where they could do no harm?

I believe they could do a helluva lot of harm 1,000,000 years in the past to be honest all they'd have to do is get to earth and blow the crap out of it, there sorted. I believe the prophets have obtained some understanding of time and to stop the time line being corrupted would just transport through space

• Advertisement

In fairness, seeing as the prophets are as powerful as they appear, I would assume one of two things :

Well Sisko said that they were 60 yrs away. So that means they could be 3 places-

1) 60 yrs worth of travel away ( i think most likely)
    2) 60 yrs in the past ( ridiculous as they would have a massive advantage)
    3) 60 yrs in the future ( possible i suppose).

As for your point on the pophits "superior technology", I am pretty sure that they didnt use technology, I have no evidence for this but its just my oppinion.

Advertisement