Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Board Scope ?

• 09-07-2003 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

With all of the recent stuff about how expensive Ireland is, shouldn't the scope of this board be widened a little ?

Maybe what's needed is a Change of name for the Euro Price Hikes Board and a new charter?

Eg: Call it Rip-off Ireland instead or something similar ?

A thread like this would then find a perfect home there.

Perhaps we could encourage people to post up their personal experiences of being ripped off and through the Boards Community provide a mechanism for a collective response.

I also think some stickies that give consumers tips and hints on how to avoid being ripped off would be useful.
    Advice such as, "If you're thinking of landscaping your own garden, buy the plants etc directly from Holland".

Just some thoughts....

davej

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yeah I sort of let people have their discussions evolve.

I don't see any harm in it really, Price Hikes are much like inflation, organic and inorganic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I like this idea. Given that the euro has been here for some time now any price ripoffs are now as likely to be just price ripoffs rather than businesses taking advantage of any euro confusion.

(might move the board slightly towards the nearest thing we'd have to a consumer affairs board too, which I kind of like - I'd like to see a price ripoffs board as s sub-board or associated board of that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Please give us a Rip-off Ireland board, especially since Mary Harney says we should all be good little shoppers...it will be interesting to see the response from her department...trading standards have very little teeth it seems and infrequently prosecute.

However given all the bad press Mary's got recently I expect that there will be a high-profile prosecution soon. (personally I'd love it to be Tesco!)

But - Please pretty please, with sugar and marshmallows on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about a wider consumer affairs board?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Consumer affairs will obviously cover more than just extortionate prices or euro related inflation and all that jazz. But, what exactly would you see that covering?

• Advertisement
Advertisement