Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Signatures.

Options
  • 09-07-2003 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Hey,just want to know is there anyway that you can tinker with the Cp to install a preview button in the signatures box,without having to search for a old post after you submit modifications to your signature to see what it looks like?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Good idea, and it would help people who's signatures ARE TOO BLOODY TALL AND AGAINST THE FRIGGIN RULES! *COUGH COUGH ME POINTS UPWARDS*

But yes, mine, is insanely complicated and I have to put it into notepad when I want to change it, and then I have to re-edit it again because I missed out a or something.

But given the current work going on to increase boards capacity yet again and the planned move to VB3 (which might contain something like this, I dunno, I'm not Regi) I can't see this happening soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, it could be implemented in much the same way as pm previews, but it's just not worth it at the moment. Even Jelsoft don't seem to know what the vB3 final templates will look like.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Any ideas when this fabled VB3 release will occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Any ideas when this fabled VB3 release will occur?

Last time I checked it was in beta 4
    So who knows ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

God only knows. There was a Xmas rumour, but I think that was just the vB developers tooling with people. It's been going on so long now at this stage I don't really care. Saving me doing loads of stuff on my vB sites anyway. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about a 'view signature' button when you have sigs turned off? (Like 'view post' when ignoring someone). It would be really handy when people are bitching about a particular sig and you can't see it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How about you open a second browser... find a post of yours and refresh it whenever you want to see a preview of your latest masterpiece.

Or of course, we could spend weeks coding in a rendering system into the UserCP only to rip it all out again when VB3 (which we have tested a bit btw) arrives.

hmmm let me toss that one around in my head... hmm...

DeV.

Advertisement