Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Twas on the news

Options
  • 09-07-2003 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Yet again RTE have made CTYI look gayer than Shirley Templebar at Christmas. Somehow.

But yeah... at least they showed a bloke who looked a huge lazy bastard for once, instead of all nerds.

Who was that guy anyway? He needs a shave.

<troll> :ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

PHEAR MEH SOCIAL RETARDATION!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by lordsippa
    But yeah... at least they showed a bloke who looked a huge lazy bastard for once, instead of all nerds.
    The "social" situation that they showed was kinda awkward looking, though. I pity the guys that did the interviews. That's their 3 minutes of "fame", that'll stay with them for the rest of their lives.

This DOES happen pretty much once every two years, either a radio interview, a TV interview or a newspaper article. One way or another, it makes us look like either "Social Retards", nerds or kids with too much time and rich parents. Nothing new, unfortunately. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tj50

Why do ye all care so much? No 1 will remember anything that they said bout us. Anyway feck 'em all who gives a sh1t what ''ordinary'' people think of u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

'tj50', sir, you are a ****ing tool. That is all.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    'tj50', sir, you are a ****ing tool. That is all.
    Deja vu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I said it once and I'll say it again. FREAKS!

Originally posted by Neo-
    I said it once and I'll say it again. FREAKS!

/me examines face.

I like you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Neo: stop trolling my board. thats what lexcorp is for. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Wow. I leave you one day and next thing there's an invasion by a pompous fool and Neo. Hmm... Neil if the former acts the arse again maybe a week temp ban? If he's in CTYI then that'll cripple him for the time he's most likely to troll.

Oh and Neo... Wanna troll here? Huh? Trolling Duel. Starts Sunday. Deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

You Sir, have a deal.

Excellent. Although my lack of daytime access may cripple my ability to duel. Perhaps a simple test of "who can troll the severest without getting temp banned or cautioned with a ban or get an admin involved"? :D

:ninja:

Incidentally mr. Needed A Shave is pretty cool. <I don't need any enemies>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by nosmo
    This DOES happen pretty much once every two years, either a radio interview, a TV interview or a newspaper article. One way or another, it makes us look like either "Social Retards", nerds or kids with too much time and rich parents. Nothing new, unfortunately. Bah.

Well maybe it's true then?. no troll intended, just an observation.

I dunno. Maybe this year. But it was mostly the press release pre-amble that tainted my view on how they represent CTYI. I went the first year cause I was curious and cause it sounded perfect for a shy bloke like me. Took me out of my shell I must say. Went back only cause I had a great time and an incredible laugh at all the crazy people and stuff going on. It was far more social for me and I know that's why all the friends I've made from there kept going. Not saying there weren't people there who did nothing but hide in the corner with a book and be quite hostile to people attempting to talk to them... (Chris from the US comes to mind)... But yeah. I dunno. It's (or WAS at least) a lot crazier than clever. But don't tell people or nobody'll send their kids there. Or something.

Why is it assumed that kids having fun more than learning stuff will turn parents off sending their young 'uns there? Sure there are some things my parents will NEVER hear that went on but that can be taken for granted with teenagers congregating ANYWHERE. Ach... I'm rambling. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Hehe, you were made look like social retards. Could you not take that as a hint that you are, just a tad.

Oh lord no. Alas the majority of the CTYIers who come here (No names... I need no enemies) are bigger muppets than Kermit. Actually he was a reasonably small muppet. What was the name of that big giant one?

But yes. There are lots of INSANELY normal CTYIers and some extremely cool ones. Especially the Limerick ones. The big problem with CTYI however is that it costs a feckin arm and leg to get there. Unless you're rich. Which most people there are. So these daddy's boys and girls go giving the lot of us a bad name! Well feck yous ya spoiled <stops before he has to get modded>.

Incidentally, Cormac swallows. :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

What age are the <edit>people<edit> that go to this camp?

12 -> 16.

There's also a junior camp for 8 -> 12 year olds.

Moi, I finished a few years back but I know enough people on this forum to stay and troll it. For a while at least.

:ninja:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Meh... Not much comment on this. The crowd this year seem to have left behind all that was laid down before them. They are a totally new and "normal" generation. You shoulda seen them in the sports hall today. Way WAY too many guys put in one hall at one time.

Meh... I just give up. I don't like how it seems to be now and it seems that some people there are of the same opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

I suppose we have only oursleves to blame, but then again, we could blame the situation on the incredible amount of twats that have shown up this year. yes, thats seems so much more fulfilling.
    stupid twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alucard

What was with will making everything worse by saying:

"I FIND A LOT OF THINGS EASY"

That stupid tool.

In soviet russia road forks you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I don't care if they made us seem like nerds or social retards. It's the spoilt brats part I don't like. I've been called a nerd so often I just decide to use it as a compliment-nerds are, generally, seen as intelligent. Not having seen the program, I'm not going to be able to give out about it, but I heard about it.
    Also, I was expecting far more individuality and insanity in CTYI as well. Instead, as I have mentioned in another thread, there were the eccentric/unconsciously individual few and a lot of both types of conformist-the conformists and conscious individuals(the type who dress/act/think the way they do because it's seen as individual.). Anyway, I encounter it a lot in the 'real' world, so I won't let the fact that it was in CTYI bother me. At least there wasn't too much bitchiness, that's one difference from the people I encounter from day to day.

Fair point Scarlett. I indeed love being a gaming geek (which is in many ways a kind of nerd), but I still resent being viewed as a complete social retard. It's just the little bit of prejudice people get towards you initially that's easy enough to get rid of but still damned annoying.

Yeah... y'see the thing about CTYI is, it's usually the relatively normal looking people who're the craziest (or were). But I think nowadays it's probably a Kewl Klub for Kerazy Kids. Or something stupid like that. BACK TO THE OLD WAYS OF LATEX GLOVE THEFT AND WORSHIPPING OF RANDOMLY DISCOVERED INANIMATE OBJECTS! That'll sort these young 'uns out. :D

Next year, seeing as I won't be a newbie, I'll try to break out of my shell and bring the craziness back to CTYI. It will be hard, though, because a lot of my friends from this year can't come back. I will make an effort, though, don't worry. Will all those of you that are coming back next year help me in my quest to save CTYI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Ok. I saw the news thing and the documentation was fine but the guy was just adding in these comments like:
    School isn't fast enough so they come here
    They find others like them in the course.
    I no like that guy. Who be you scarlett? I'll help in the quest if there be money involved. And if there isn't I'll do it anyway, not because I have no life and am socially retarted, but because I care. Now I must go to find wally. Those books are harder then they look.

I be Áine, and there's no money involved, unfortunately. But you'll help me in my quest anyway, I know you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Scarlett, this quest of yours be noble and valiant.
    Unfortunately for you a lot of ppl have already started, so no finders fee for you :)
    Seriously though, ctyi needs more ppl like you to keep it weird.
    That and some of the insane ppl like jack coming back as ra's

And bill had bin tricked into saying that, they'd asked him that as a question and he'd answered in a full sentence. it was taken out of context. i know, i was there.

The thing is... CTYI shouldn't be weird, just fun. If you focus on making it weird and how weird things are and all that it won't be. Have fun and weird stuff tends to happen, but basically - go out AND PARTÉ!!!! booyah!

Erm... :ninja:... oh reunions are great for meeting amazing people you never knew so seriously organise a few good uns and as many of you should be goin to them as possible. y'hear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement