Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSDN Library available to download

Options
  • 09-07-2003 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

I noticed this over on gamedev.net...
    Normally available only to subscribers, three CD images comprising the April 2003 MSDN Library have been posted by Microsoft for public download. The MSDN Library contains documentation, code samples, technical articles and reference guides designed for Microsoft developers. The CD images are available here, here, and here.
    That's CD1, CD2 and CD3. Almost 2GB though, 56kers beware!

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Can't get this new MSDN Library to link in with the Visual Studio 6.0a we use ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

the copy of the msdn above was released for visual studio 2003 and was put on the public servers because MS had a slight bandwidth problem on their "Gold" servers for everyone trying to get vs2003. dont be suprised if its not available soon. it will only work with vs2003 AFAIK. handy to have though. lots of docs and stuff. i got mine with VS2003 with the MSDN.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have carefully filed my CDs of the last MSDN library to be "really" for VB6. Later versions don't work properly with VB6.

I have a separte PC for Studio.NET which gets the "new" MSDN updates.

I'm using C# on Studio.net, the VB.net is not vb, it is C with VB syntax. So I keep a separte PC forever with the VB6.

C# has some things that where supposed to be C++ and Bell Labs kept out to have a "broken" but backward compatible to C. I worked in C++ compiler team in 1986 doing OOP samples. I was picked because I WAS NOT a C programmer then.

Later I did a lot of C, but I pretended it was a Modula-2 / C++ hybrid which made for programs that a lot more readibble than typical 1989 C ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

college gave us msdn cds, but you have to copy the contents of them to your hdd and run it from there. ++gay. this is helpful. thanks

Advertisement