Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of pet

Options
  • 09-07-2003 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

how much would a yorkshire terrier cost between paying a breeder, getting its shots and feeding it etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Here in the U.S. if you get a registered Yorkie it will run you anywhere from $300.00-$500.00.
    Then most breeders have given them their first round of shots by the time you pick them up.
    They are due back for more shots every three months till they have fulfilled their immunizations. I buy and give my pups their own shots and they are 5.00 for the needle, syringe, and imunization each. Not to bad to give them yourself, but I think a vet will charge at least 20.00 per pup.
    Pups also need wormed which you have to go to the vet to get the good stuff. You can buy the cheap over the counter stuff but it don't work nearly as well. My vet gives it to me for free. I don't think it is really expensive. :D

Good luck getting a pup....And post pics of the cute little thing... I love puppies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Vets bills can run up to quite a lot here. I think there's one company doing Pet Insurance, so if your pooch/cat has an accident or illness, you're covered up to a certain amount. They've been doing that type of thing in the UK for a while, I think one company started here now (they should be in the yellow pages).

There's a contact number for a yorkshire terrier breeder in the sticky at the top of the page, they should be able to help you out if you want to get a pup :) and can probably tell you how much it'd set you back. As DriftingRain mentioned, registered ones (from breeders) can set you back quite a bit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69838

Oh and do post pics, we love saying people's pets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Thank you both. Won't be getting one until September at least, but will post a pic then.:)

Advertisement