Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE lagging

• 09-07-2003 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

This is going to take me about 10 minutes to finish.

Whenever i use boards.ie, o2.ie, anything like that, IE always lags when scrolling. It takes a good while for it to load, an CPU usage goes up to 100% when scrolling, typing, and loading.

I'v downloaded Adaware and Spyware Blaster. Downloaded updates on each.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

could be scrolling mouse (intellimouse) or display driver

could be snap to default button setting in mouse control panel, disable that too

I woulda checked ads/spyware first meself nowadays....

what happens if you scroll down a word doc or a pdf file ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

IE5? IE6? Are you 100% certain you have the most recent version? Does it happen with the scroll wheel and the keyboard?

If you can't fix it, there are always other browsers out there, notably firebird, opera and mozilla, all of which happily stand shoulder to shoulder with IE in any category of which I can think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Opera 7 is really great.You should download or buy it.But keep IE for the odd site that has been developed with Opera in mind which has become much rarer in the last year.
    Im about to abandon MS altogether bloody ram hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Tried it on IE 5, IE 6 (internet explorer service pack 1), Opera.
    Display Drivers Det's 23.11, 30.82 and 41.09.

ill try the logitech mouse drivers later, i have them here. Its not snap to default setting either :)

No, its not any of them. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

something similar is happening to me... in a few websites I find text entry is very slow. For example in a chatroom i visit I could be finished typing a sentance and it takes the next few seconds for it to fully appear in the text box. Highly annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Chowley
    Opera 7 is really great.You should download or buy it.But keep IE for the odd site that has been developed with Opera in mind which has become much rarer in the last year.
    Im about to abandon MS altogether bloody ram hungry.

Or you could use Mozilla 1.3. Unlike IE it blocks pop-ups, manages cookies and passwords, includes IRC chat and includes a mailreader with spam filtering. You can surf multiple sites in one tabbed windows (like Opera).

Hmm, and only took 1 month to reply!

Got the problem fixed. Simple format and install of XP Pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by conZ
    Hmm, and only took 1 month to reply!

Got the problem fixed. Simple format and install of XP Pro.

lol. I was just mentioning the fact that there are other browsers out there.

I can't understand how IE is the most popular browser when the competition is so much better :confused:

Cos youv to download them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement