Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp gx10

• 09-07-2003 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone know what software to use to transfer midi ringtones via a serial data cable to a sharp gx10- Any info would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Last I heard, it can't be done.
    Seems that the sharp design is great, with everything including bluetooth, but the vodafone contract meant that it was all disabled in software.
    You cannot download photos via the serial cable, nor can you edit the phone book or even back it up.

I learnt a few new words the day I found that out...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lucylou

thanks sparks for the reply, I hope you're wrong though. I just spent 20 euro to get a data cable from england for it. Didn't bother with the software because I had a free unlocker download but obviously that didn't work either lol. I've heard of similar prob on new sharp gx10i. Anyway I'll keep scouring the net, maybe something will come up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Try here. Or maybe this will help more, though it's a bit script-kiddie for my taste.
    Let me know how it goes, if you would, since I've got a GX-10 (happily a present rather than my own money) and the fact that IrDA is blocked in software, the phone book and other user data can't be backed up or edited, that photos cannot be transferred except via MMS and that new software/ringtones cannot be transferred except via MMS ... well, it's a tad past annoying and into postal...

thanks sparks for the reply, I hope you're wrong though. I just spent 20 euro to get a data cable from england for it. Didn't bother with the software because I had a free unlocker download but obviously that didn't work either lol. I've heard of similar prob on new sharp gx10i. Anyway I'll keep scouring the net, maybe something will come up!

I looked at those links- very interesting to see what vodafone employee had to say seeming I was one myself not so long ago lol. As for the comment that they know the code, I've gotten in touch with a friend in Vodafone to see if they will give it to me on the qt otherwise I'm sendin the cable back, false advertising and all.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement