Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.V. Tattoo Ink

• 09-07-2003 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that has fluorescent (uv sensitive) ink?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Originally posted by bedlam
    Do you mean glow in the dark ink ? If so it is probably best avoided

No, glow in the dark ink and uv ink are completely different things. I know one person who has a uv tattoo.

Google turned up some interesting stuff including this http://www.enemytattoo.com/black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

Just a word of advice to you. UV ink is pretty dodgy-it tends to cause a lot of allergies which you have to go through a whole topical antibiotic course for, and it also tends to fade more easily over time. You are better off sticking with regular ink. If you try Zulu on Crown Alley you should be able to get it there. Ask for Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

thanks, Carobobaline :) i'll check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I would not trust any tattoo artist who would use UV or glow in the dark inks on a customer given their very bad press!
    MOST people will have an allergy to this kind of ink, sometimes it will only occur if you expose the tattoo to the sun, but still...AVOID

http://www.bmezine.com/qod3/
    Search here for UV tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SmokeyBaconDan

Hey has anybody who has posted any of the comments here gotten a UV tat since the thread was set up?? Im lookin into getting one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hey has anybody who has posted any of the comments here gotten a UV tat since the thread was set up?? Im lookin into getting one

Thread is almost 6 years old :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Zombie thread!!!

Seriously though, I know a poster on this forum had UV tattoos done, and they looked pretty well.

So far as I know, he had to obtain his own inks for the artist to use, and a blacklight for the artist to see what they were doing too. Involved a lot of homework into the best ink.

Advertisement