Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitehall says there are no WMD in Iraq

Options
  • 10-07-2003 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Dear Alistair,

Look, the chaps on the ground in Iraq, they say there's no bloody weapons of mass destruction. We're going to look like awful twats, can you get to work on the media? Tell them we always knew there were no WMD. Move the goalposts a bit, you know the routine. Whatever happens, don't let Cook on TV to gloat. Find something else that makes us look good. Any ideas?

Yours Always,
    Tony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Tony,

Look mate, they won't say squat after the wobbly I threw on TV last week. I have a gut idea to deal with this one, might need a bit of refinement, but I think it's a winner: We get Straw to announce that, in accordance with our election manifesto, we are privatising the intelligence services. Flog it off to the people, should get a few hundred mil into the coffers. Distract the plebs, let 'em think they're onto a moneyspinner. We wait about three months, then sue Intelligence plc for giving us wrong information about Iraq. We get another few hundred mil, bankrupt them, and our hands are clean. In the meantime, we invest the proceeds in health and education, the governments new priority projects. It's a win-win for us, the IDS crowd won't have a clue until it's all too late. We can't lose mate.

I got a stinking hangover, talk later.

Love,
    Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Where did this come from and is it suitable material, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Seems political to me, well done dod.
    Amazingly I actually think it sounds reasonably plausable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

"Look mate, they won't say squat after the wobbly I threw on TV last week. I have a gut idea to deal with this one, might need a bit of refinement, but I think it's a winner:"

Al's BBC episode backfired on them hugely. It appears they are using Mandleson to do the talking now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Moonpig

as much as Nazi germany had no right to invade poland, America had no right or justification to invade Iraq and any plans to enter another soverign state, should be viewed with great sceptisism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Advertisement