Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gynie

• 10-07-2003 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Anyone know of a good gynie in Dublin?
    The wellwoman centre is terrible!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask your GP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are very few good private gyns in this country as most women tend to ignore thier plumbing until it is far to late and only get referal from hospitals when things go badly awry.

Your local health board will have a list of all the gyns in your area. Most Gps will have this list as well if they can be bothered getting it for you and dont get stroppy cos you are not happy with thier treatment of you.

Thankfully I am lucky enough that my Gp practice has a wonderfull no nonsense
    mature lady doc who insists that all check ups and tests are done regularly and in most cases will do them her self.

Hopefully you will find one that suits and make sure you get a hand shake as a gyn with cold hands is never a good thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

why the hell am i reading this:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Thaed
    There are very few good private gyns in this country as most women tend to ignore thier plumbing until it is far to late and only get referal from hospitals when things go badly awry.

Not true. There are quite a few actually. Most of them can't really afford to set up private practices so they run clinics at large GP's (usually medical centres) off their hospital time.

Women do tend to avoid them and this country is very prudish about below the waste. May explain why they are hard to find. Checking the healthboard is the smart thing to do but look at local medical centres/Large GP practices, if they have a clinic it will be advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

what's wrong with the wellwoman clinic? Same as the ifpa's everywoman clinic on Parnell street?? I fing them quite good, although some of the doctors have a really bad beside manner so to speak, I have found one who is very good. She is rosted on Wednesdays usually, and when you phone up you can ask when she's on and make an appointment with her. Her surname is Corliss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by tman
    why the hell am i reading this:confused:

so we can find out who the female posters are;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

so, not one of you can provide the name of a good gynie or even a phone number, thanks for nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

There are other ways to get three wishes ya know... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Peaadina

Dr. John F. Murphy,
    Blackrock Clinic,
    Co. Dublin.
    Tel: 01 288-2201

now whether hes good or not i dunno!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you haven't said where in the city you are

there is a good one in Celbridge
    Sybil O'Brien

or the Chapelizod Medical Centre has a couple of good women

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

I'm in Dublin, thanks for the address Peaadina!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

OOOOOOO! a GUYNIE, heh
    /me slaps head

Advertisement