Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here connected to IOL anytime yet

Options
  • 10-07-2003 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

As the question says, im waiting over a week now and still nothing, even though my earlier thread stated ESAT tried to sell me the dmn service even though i sent in the application

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I got my activation email on the 4th, and today I got an email telling me to move over from netsmart to anytime. I've yet to be able to connect, as they've screwed up my account. They think I'm with netsmart, even though I got an email confirming my new number for use with anytime. Now all I get are engaged tones. Fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jason01

I got my confirmation letter on Monday and so far I have been impressed with IOL Anytime. I connect first time, every time and I find it relatively fast for an 64K ISDN connection.

Kind Regards
    Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

nice one the rest of us can only wait and hope

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭thommcn

Moved from Netsmart to Anytime. Just tried that Esat webpage, ordered it a little over a week ago and tonight Anytime is activated. A lot better organized than with Netsmart.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

I waited nearly 2 weeks for my pack, still hasn't arrived rang them and they said it was sent a week ago and i was connected. Rang tech support and explained my situation and they set it all up there and then and am now posting here :)

scary

• Advertisement

Originally posted by thommcn
    Moved from Netsmart to Anytime. Just tried that Esat webpage, ordered it a little over a week ago and tonight Anytime is activated. A lot better organized than with Netsmart.

emm what esat webpage

regards

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lfeehan

I got set up eventually, and its fine. Fast enough to play battlefield so it cant be that bad.
    I had a problem at the start with the isdn but make sure you set msn so the line you dial is associated with the number your registered from.

Also if you dial the anytime number from a normal phone and get through to their modem(or whaterver you call it) then you know your line is set up ok.

I also find that the usage statistics arent updated in real time, an are only accurate the following day which sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Im waiting since laat Thursday-Friday. I was wondering the same thing as you shinzon. I feel like ringing them and saying what the fúck is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Got a letter and CD in the mail today giving me the option to switch from NoLimits to AnyTime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

can we get some iol anytime ISDN ping times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    Got a letter and CD in the mail today giving me the option to switch from NoLimits to AnyTime.
    Just an option? No forcing or anything?

That's pretty nice of them - will suit most to switch but perhaps not a few others.

Rang them today just to find out whats happpening with my iol anytime account, the guy said that its 100% processed and finished and i should have my pack tuesday or wednesday

Anyone betting on August

Shin

Here i am on anytime for the first time today

Microsoft(R) Windows 98
    (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1999.

C:\WINDOWS>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [217.114.166.147] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=57
    Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=115ms TTL=57
    Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=57
    Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=109ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 217.114.166.147:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 109ms, Maximum = 120ms, Average = 113ms

Heres a ping to boards and now to clarity

C:\WINDOWS>ping clarity.jolt.co.uk

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=179ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=186ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=168ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 168ms, Maximum = 186ms, Average = 176ms

HMM
    Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

are you on ISDN shinzon?

thats just normal 56k dialup barra

regards

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Phew.

They would have been woeful for ISDN. I ordered anytime this time last week. Still no sign of it. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ei4vwi

Glad to see I'm not the only one with problems..

I signed up via the web page on June 30th.. 1 business day after the service was announced. A week later, I phoned the freephone number to enquire as to when I could expect the service. I was told "there's a load of paperwork and it will be ready later in the week". I was addressed by my full name as provided in the application by the rep.

Yesterday, I phoned again to find out the status, and was told by another customer service rep that I would get a phone call "before the end of the day". Needless to say I had to phone at 5pm as I had received no call. I was told the rep would call me before 6 (why does this sound sooooooo typical?). Needless to say she never did.

I phoned again this morning to be told that "my application couldn't be found" and that "could I please reapply?"!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor only to be told "she's just gone to a meeting". The rep wouldn't give me her name because of "company policy".

So, I've now resorted to sending their printed application _registered_post_ so at least they won't have that excuse!

..and I'm still awaiting that call from the supervisor.

Has anyone that isn't a NetSmart customer actually gotten this service? It seems to me that IOL/BT aren't at all prepared to either offer the service or to provide even a minimum standard of service on their sales desk.

I received the pack and the "you're account is now activated" letter a week and a half ago. After numerous emails and telephone calls, I'm still not bloody connected.

All I get are big fat engaged tones.

:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

My account was activated yesterday. Connects fine, I get the same speeds as I did on Netsmart (connects at 50,666bps+), it's worth the wait imo.

i never actually received the welcome pack, when i got the application form from them when id already sent it in, there was a cd in it called the internet made easy, i just installed the dialler from that yeterday and hey presto there i was online with it

although I did ring them first just to see if the account was activated they said yes

Regards

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Few quick question maybe you can point me to the right place or give me the info here.
    Why can't I register an e-mail with Iol have anytime now??
    What is Iol Anytime Newsgroups??
    How come I didn't get a email notication I only found out that I was activated by checking on the iol anytime site??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by Nuphor
    I received the pack and the "you're account is now activated" letter a week and a half ago. After numerous emails and telephone calls, I'm still not bloody connected.

All I get are big fat engaged tones.

:-(

Are you connecting to the internet on a different line than the one you put down as your contact phone number??

When i signed up to Netsmart a few months ago they set up the wrong number, and I was trying to connect for days before I figured out what had happend (note I figured out what happend, they hadn't a clue and where like "while why didn't you say you connected on a different line" ... sigh ...)
    Originally posted by shinzon
    i just installed the dialler from that yeterday and hey presto there i was online with it

I would double check you are connectin to the right number. The Dialer from the "Internet Made Easy" CD is just a normal IOL dialer (ie you are charged per minute). Once you are set up you are directed to a webpage where you download a second dialer program which changes your dial number and sets your username and password.

You should be connecting to the number 1893 247 365 (24-7 365 days ... how clever) and you should only connect if you have the correct user name and password.

Are you connecting to the internet on a different line than the one you put down as your contact phone number?? When i signed up to Netsmart a few months ago they set up the wrong number, and I was trying to connect for days before I figured out what had happend (note I figured out what happend, they hadn't a clue and where like "while why didn't you say you connected on a different line" ... sigh ...)

No no, the number was fine. I managed to get it sorted. Found a helpful guy in customer care who chased it up and re-provisioned the account. All's now well.

Service is much slower than UTV though. I guess it's the lack of proxy servers.

Originally posted by Wicknight
    Are you connecting to the internet on a different line than the one you put down as your contact phone number??

When i signed up to Netsmart a few months ago they set up the wrong number, and I was trying to connect for days before I figured out what had happend (note I figured out what happend, they hadn't a clue and where like "while why didn't you say you connected on a different line" ... sigh ...)

I would double check you are connectin to the right number. The Dialer from the "Internet Made Easy" CD is just a normal IOL dialer (ie you are charged per minute). Once you are set up you are directed to a webpage where you download a second dialer program which changes your dial number and sets your username and password.

You should be connecting to the number 1893 247 365 (24-
    7 365 days ... how clever) and you should only connect if you have the correct user name and password.

Thats the number im dialling and the usename and password are correct, even if it wasnt itd still say invalis user name and password and not let me on
    Regards
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ei4vwi

As a followup to my recent post, I phoned IOL this afternoon to ascertain the status of my 2nd (written) application (the 1st electronic application was "lost" after 2 weeks of processing).

After being put on hold for several minutes I was asked "when did you send in your application" to which I responded "Tuesday, registered post". I was then told that it wasn't set up and "would be given attention "next week". When I mentioned that I'd been trying to get connected for nearly 3 weeks now the rep claimed she would "look into it" since I had been waiting so long.

Now, by any standard, this is not 2 day service, as advertised. :-(

And just how does a company "lose" an electronic application after two weeks?

These are mysteries to me..

Also, does anybody know if this service is tied to the caller ID of the number on the printed application form? From the other posts this appears to be the case. So much for mobile computing eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Anytime just went down anyone know whats going on???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by colin300
    Anytime just went down anyone know whats going on???
    Already being discussed in this thread. Suggest specific discussion kept there.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Urban Weigl

Yeah, I got one of those letters too, with teh install CD and app form. I think I'll stick with SNL for the time being though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

what password do u use? the anytime/anytime one, or the one on the application form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lfeehan

Whats that about, is there a public use password or something?

The usage statistics are telling me that i am likely to go over my download limit in so many days. Does anyone know if there a cap on the download amount or are they mistakenly referring to the hours.

Advertisement