Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here connected to IOL anytime yet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Ruu
    what password do u use? the anytime/anytime one, or the one on the application form?

the anytime/anytime is the user/pass to download the dialler and you will be charged if you continue to use this number, the user/pass on the application form goes in automatically after you download the dialler and run it

Regards

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thanks Shin, i get an error message when running the dialer "Spaces are not allowed in the password!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I still havent got anything. Im too busy to ring the shower of ****s about it. I'll might get around to it tomorrow

i got sick of waiting, damn nearly an hour waiting on them, just sick of hearing the same voice telling me about iol's great internet packages, so frustrating, will call them again from work tomorrow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I;m a week on from applying online, gave credit card details and everything.
    Was told friday that it would take a few days to get me up onto the server and that i should recieve my pack on monday, today. Hey presto, nothing. Rang them at 5 to seven (when i got home from work) to find they were finished up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they rang me today wondering where my form was. very nice she seemed too but i couldn't understand half the words she was saying. have they moved the call center to India or something?

Originally posted by Ruu
    i got sick of waiting, damn nearly an hour waiting on them, just sick of hearing the same voice telling me about iol's great internet packages, so frustrating, will call them again from work tomorrow.

They do seem to have an overloaad on the phones at the mo, cant get through to them at all.

Regards

Shin

PS nothing wrong with anytime just like to bug them about broadband every now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have it now.

I'm quite impressed so far. Although I can't for the life of me, find where I can sign up for my free 50 megs of web space!!

Ping times are better than Eircom not surprisingly

C:\Documents and Settings\Damien>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [217.114.166.147] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 217.114.166.147:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 26ms, Average = 26ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Damien>

&

C:\Documents and Settings\Damien>ping clarity.jolt.co.uk

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=57
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 36ms, Average = 35ms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

nice pings.

lets hope they hold out as more people come on board, if things stay like that ill order it,

when will those ****ers eircom release their friaco offering, god forbid those ****s they actually give a better deal than the current offerings

oh look, a flying pig...

rang esat today to see where my pack was or why they had not contacted me.
    The first guy said I was up on the server and e-mailed me the number to dial in. No luck with dialing up so i rang again.
    A lady put me on hold for a sec and came back to tell me there seemed to be a problem with my form, I had to bite my tongue from asking her when the hell were they going to tell me this. she told me that she left a note for the girl who is dealing with my account , and she will ring me tomorrow.

• Advertisement

i have a question about the €20/month deal. do you have to be connected in July for this or do you have to put in the order for the service. i have a feeling that they wont have me connected to it in July due to past experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Once you order it before the end of July you will be able to avail of the special offer.

The usage statistics work, although they are only updated once a day, at midnight presumably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ei4vwi

Phoned IOL again yesterday to be told (in one of those lovely "I couldn't care less" voices that I was "set up, and should have my details today". When I asked over if I could get the details over the phone I was told "No, we don't give these out over the phone"..

So, culling the number from this forum and my details that I gave them, I managed to successfully connect via modem to the anytime service. :-)

Now, when I tried to connect the same computer via ISDN, I got an "invalid user" error. Anyone else dialing in via ISDN, and, if so, anything special that needs to be done with an ISDN connection?

I am dialling from the same (registered) phone number as the analog modem.

Finally.. progress..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

What date is the 180h quota reset every month

- 1st of Month?
    - Date when you signed up, such as 15th?

I can't find any info on this, I'm not going to mail IOL and wait a week for a reply.

finally setup and a few teething problems at first, but working great now :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by ei4vwi
    Phoned IOL again yesterday to be told (in one of those lovely "I couldn't care less" voices that I was "set up, and should have my details today". When I asked over if I could get the details over the phone I was told "No, we don't give these out over the phone"..

So, culling the number from this forum and my details that I gave them, I managed to successfully connect via modem to the anytime service. :-)

Now, when I tried to connect the same computer via ISDN, I got an "invalid user" error. Anyone else dialing in via ISDN, and, if so, anything special that needs to be done with an ISDN connection?

I am dialling from the same (registered) phone number as the analog modem.

Finally.. progress..

I had a lot of trouble dialling in over ISDN from home until I found out that CLI from an ISDN line is always set at the primary number and there is no way around this*. I had given Esat (have the business version, which work pays for :D ) my secondary number. Ended up having to get back onto them to modify the account.

*This is only if you are using the digital channels, if using analogue you can get the box to send the CLI of your secondary number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lfeehan

You can dial form a secondary number. How to set it up is different depending on your isdn adapter. Basicaly you have to associate whichever number you wish to dial from with either of the two lines on the isdn. Then create a dial up connection and choose the correct line in the modem list.

Some isdn cards will set this by default others need it done manually. Search your cards help file for info on setting MSN numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Lads & Lassies,

Seeing as there area number of ye here who have already signed up for the Anytime service i'd appreciate yer views on Section 4 of the IOL Anytime application form.

i've started another thread on it :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107056

Did ye tick any\all of them? Did ye even read them thoroughly?

Sorry for hijacking, continue as ye were:)

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I received the letter yesterday, connected, downloaded the second dialler and hey presto, everything works fine!

Except...I'm trying to access the online usage link, but its asking me for a username and password. When I input the details I provided them, they aren't valid. Now I know the username is correct (from the dialler), but is there anyway I can get the **s to change to letters, so I can check the feckers actually put in the right password? I tryed calling, gave up, and e-mailed them yesterday afternoon, no reply as of yet.

Ta.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by lfeehan
    You can dial form a secondary number. How to set it up is different depending on your isdn adapter. Basicaly you have to associate whichever number you wish to dial from with either of the two lines on the isdn. Then create a dial up connection and choose the correct line in the modem list.

Some isdn cards will set this by default others need it done manually. Search your cards help file for info on setting MSN numbers.

:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1012158#post1012158

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Originally posted by therecklessone
    I received the letter yesterday, connected, downloaded the second dialler and hey presto, everything works fine!

Except...I'm trying to access the online usage link, but its asking me for a username and password. When I input the details I provided them, they aren't valid. Now I know the username is correct (from the dialler), but is there anyway I can get the **s to change to letters, so I can check the feckers actually put in the right password? I tryed calling, gave up, and e-mailed them yesterday afternoon, no reply as of yet.

Ta.

This happened to me too. The way I was able to check what my password was:
    1. Open up a notepad window.
    2. Drag the anytime.exe dialler onto the notepad window.
    3. A notepad document will open up which will consist almost entirely of gobbeldygook. But, at the very end of it you should see two entries saying username=whatever, password=whatever.
    4. ?????????
    5. Profit!!!
    This was how I found out that they mistook a letter i for a number 1 in my password. Then again I've absolutely terrible handwriting so I can't really blame them.

Hope this helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Thanks for that, but its sorted.

I got my e-mail off them yesterday evening, telling me the password I thought I'd given (one I've used quite a bit with other stuff...) wasn't the one they had, so I had to ring customer care.

40 minutes on hold, and problem eventually solved, by resetting my password(they couldn't/wouldn't tell me the p/word they had input :confused:). What I couldn't understand was why the person I e-mailed couldn't have resolved the problem for me...I could have given necessary details to prove my identity in a mail. All he had to do was ask...

Daft.

yeah i got thrown around from customer care to tech support so many time made me dizzy, so i told them to call me back when its sorted out and when my password would be reset. got a call Thursday evening, told them my new password and then was all fixed that night at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Any password is acceptable when connecting.

I found this out when my computer reconnected after the 5h disconnection, win2k always adds more characters when I tick save password, I don't know what those characters are because they are ***ed out, but with them, creating an incorrect password, and manually, it still connects.

Anyway, the only thing you need the correct password for is http://anytime.iol.ie/usage

Finally the http://register.iol.ie/email page doesn't have a space for an Anytime password, it must rely on CLI etc, error CLI not provisioned, 142 prefix doesn't make any difference.

esat got back to me yesterday, i have to set everything up again from start because you cannot have a different person on the account name than the billing name. So two weeks on i still have nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by TomTom
    esat got back to me yesterday, i have to set everything up again from start because you cannot have a different person on the account name than the billing name. So two weeks on i still have nothing.

I did the same thing BUT that wasnt my problem. TomTom, if your back next year, ill explain the complex details:D . Basically i cant have it unless i pay MORE money, **** THAT. Utvip, hopefully, here I come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

I found this out when my computer reconnected after the 5h disconnection, win2k always adds more characters when I tick save password, I don't know what those characters are because they are ***ed out, but with them, creating an incorrect password, and manually, it still connects.

o_O win2k does that as a security measure to stop anyone knowing the exact character length of a password.

I'd imagine you need the correct password for your account to connect. :F

Aside: Damn this UTV 3 month contract and atrocious ISDN pings. :/

do you have to get a confirmation email before you connect? i ask this because they rang me on Friday to confirm the user name, password etc. and i've heard nothing since

I did get a confirmation e-mail about a week after i was connected to anytime, complicated story but suffice to say I got a cd from them in another letter with the dialler for anytime, i already had my user/pass from them so i connnected but you dont have to have the confirmation letter , the number to dial into anytime is in the net comms board somewhere

Regards
    Shin

its something like 18903247 summit soz

• Advertisement

i am connected to Anytime now. i wont have huge daytime bills then :confused:

Advertisement