Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here connected to IOL anytime yet

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

So long as you dont go over your 180 hours in the month you can log on anytime day or night, after your 180 hours i think its 3.4 cent a minute

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what i meant was, the number wouldn't work unless my account was active

soz bout that yeah it wouldnt work, it would jusy come up invalid user or pass

shin

i got a letter in the post this morning telling me to connect anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Just got connected yesterday. I was wondering if anybody who was formerly on Netsmart had to 'sign off' it, or will they automatically do it for me? I was told it would be done for me, but I do not trust them for some reason, nothing to do with being a 'former' No Limits customer.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    I was told it would be done for me, but I do not trust them for some reason, nothing to do with being a 'former' No Limits customer.

me too. the last thing i want is €50 being taken from my account

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Just got connected yesterday. I was wondering if anybody who was formerly on Netsmart had to 'sign off' it, or will they automatically do it for me? I was told it would be done for me, but I do not trust them for some reason, nothing to do with being a 'former' No Limits customer.

tried my old netsmart account last night, it said it was cancelled but i do know i owe money from my last netsmart billing, if they charge me 50 euro for a disconnect i certainly wont be paying it

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

It seems,well its blatantly obvious that I created a bit of a stir with my previous posts condemning the state of UTV's flat rate XL package.In hindsight I concede that describing the service as "atrocious" was slightly over-reactive on my part but to say that I'm dissapointed with it is a rather large understatement.

I have since been in contact with their technical staff but no solution was or is forthcoming.With that I still plan on switching to BT's Anytime equivalent and was wondering if perhaps someone could answer me two things;

1) Is it possible to 'upgrade' from Anytime to BT's broadband service without fear of breaking the 12 month contract?

2)Plain and simple,does Anytime provide a faster and more stable connection than XL?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dhayes

Dirks,

I too am in the process of connecting to IOL's Anytime product and I rang them last week where it was confirmed to me by their customer service people that you can upgrade to IOL Broadband during the term of the Anytime 12 month contract. If you do this, they'll just create a new 12 month contract for Broadband.

Don't know about whether it's a more stable connection though. Watch this space !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by shinzon
    tried my old netsmart account last night, it said it was cancelled but i do know i owe money from my last netsmart billing, if they charge me 50 euro for a disconnect i certainly wont be paying it

shin

How did it say it was cancelled? engaged tone? specific error message?
    Payment is by DD/CC so you have no choice but to pay!

• Advertisement

Anytime was going bonkers with pings last night so i had my old netsmart cd with the dialler on it, i installed that camr to the screen where you dial in and it said as clear as day this account has been cancelled

cant be any clearer than that

Shin

But i do owe money on it as was using NETSMART up until the day i connected to IOL anytime

Advertisement