Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom isdn disconnection charges??

• 10-07-2003 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I just signed up for Esat self install adsl,however when I rang eircom to disconnect my(2yrs installed)64k isdn they told me a disconnection charge of 120 euro applies?? Any advice/help and does any1 want a useless friggin isdn router

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

i'm with iol, but i just spoke to someone 2day who went for eircom and previously had isdn. eircom had to convert his line back to "normal" and then to dsl, but its all part of the connection process.
    esat sends your application to eircom, who then convert the line regardless of what you had. you shouldnt be charged for that as you're payin the installation fee to esat. know what i mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Your best bet would be to ring IOL and ask em what the story is.
    (strange tho, when ir ang them yesterday they told me that they can't pass ISDN lines as Eircom are the only ones who can or something. Guess he lied to me, no worries tho, went with uncapped business DSL :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Wtf
    They are only charging me €24.99 and doin it next week.. I didn't even mention to them Im getting Iol broadband..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

And the woman from esat said they don't disconnect your isdn as part of the broadband package.. you HAVE to get eircom to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have had a long dialogue with Eircom about their charge to migrate from ISDN to DSL. As yet they have been unable to show me anything in writing where it states that they will charge to convert back to PSTN. COMREG are also aware of the issue and are asking questions of Eircom on the subject.
    As usual Eircom is 'vague' on pricing. I have had several different quotes, the latest one being 219 euro to migrate from ISDN to DSL. I have ordered DSL from them and so will await developments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Im currently on ISDN and awaiting my modem from IOL, I was told from eircom it would cost around €30 - 40 to change back to a normal line. IOL were also going on about changing the box (the big white one), but isn't that just a second line?

That white box (im assuming you mean the ISDN one) actually splits the line into 2..ie your 2 numbers. Afaik you still only have one line running into your house with ISDN. Without that box neither line will work... or so i assume.(unless one is a default one or sommet, interesting question to put to some tech heads here :) )

I went a different but slightly more expensive route. I got a new analogue line installed and getting them to upgrade it. (if i was going with esat over my ISDN it would be 1-9* weeks without a phoneline while they switched it). They are now gonna install it over the analogue line. Once thats done im gonne get the ISDN cut off. Simple but slightly more costly as i couldnt live without a phone for 1-9 weeks :p (woulda been business package and therefore would have needed to be unbundled)

*Esat said 1 week. A poster said up to 9 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

should only be 25 euros. thats all im paying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I was talking to Louise from Netsource on Thurs and she told me that the Netsource engineer will remove the ISDN while he's here installing broadband and that all I had to do was sign a form which allows them to do it. I think the form is passed onto Eircom. I thought she said it was all in the price of the installation of Netsource though I'm not 100% sure, it's not much more anyway.

Lo Co33ie and BK BTW :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    I just signed up for Esat self install adsl,however when I rang eircom to disconnect my(2yrs installed)64k isdn they told me a disconnection charge of 120 euro applies?? Any advice/help and does any1 want a useless friggin isdn router

I was told that the fact that i had isdn meant i was unable to chose the self install option on the grounds that the isdn had to be removed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

blade ya tart hows tricks ;x

/me slaps Blade about, im finally getting DSL :p

Another way to get the ISDN disconnected is to just not pay for it ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Truckle
    I was told that the fact that i had isdn meant i was unable to chose the self install option on the grounds that the isdn had to be removed.

Yeh thats the thing you can't do a self install, same with Netsource but it's all included in the price, 165 or whatever and it's all done at the same time so you won't be without a connection.

Alright Co33ie, not bad. I figured you'd be looking at broadband right about now too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i was just informed by Netsource that i needed to go with the Engineer installation option as opposed to self install once you have the isdn line. theres no extra charges from eircom and your line rental changes back to analogue line on the eircom phone bill.

adnans

Advertisement