Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it all about ?

Options
  • 10-07-2003 12:41pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

moot first post :)

Slaan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

It's about fighting for your right to skate ! It's about having the option to roll down to the local skatepark on a sunny day and hang out with your mates riding a ramp/streetcourse/bowl .If you came here via my website cheers if not check out the site.......

http://www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

damnit, first post mongers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

well good luck with it all.

I, Like Dev am too old and uncool (not that your uncool dev...at least you dont think you are) But my little cousin loves his skateboarding...So if I can help in some way I will be glad to .

Regards,
    Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wuts wrong witth the BOI in leeson street i member when me was skater boy that was our skate park :D

Also Central bank (broke elbow trying to railslide the bannister im so cool) but they blocked it all off.

Anywhere in Dublin official skatepark or not that i can break out my ancient Dogtown board?

kdjac

Well Baggot has been skatestoped with metal plates and Central is usually to crowded with peds and theres a lot less to skate there now than there used to be. Besides neither of them are exactly radlands or meanwhile 3 are they.
    Dig out your old dogtown board (what model is it? ) and head down to ramp and rail in Drumcondra near Skylon hotel or Rampcity at the kart track in Santry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

the opportunities to sue the state for compensation are making my head spin :D

Yeah thats plan B . If the councils don't start building parks we all get togeher and sue everytime we slam , then we buy Stephens green and build a marseille sized masterpiece in the middle of it!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

it's not just skateparks that this country needs. There needs to be a lot more facilities for young people to use so it keeps them out of trouble. Instead of hanging around street corners and causing trouble there should be somewhere free for kids to go to pass the time. Skateparks are only one of the answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by LFCFan
    it's not just skateparks that this country needs. There needs to be a lot more facilities for young people to use so it keeps them out of trouble. Instead of hanging around street corners and causing trouble there should be somewhere free for kids to go to pass the time. Skateparks are only one of the answers.

I live in Temple Bar and I couldn't believe it when I saw the "NO SKATEBOARDS" sign at the Central Bank.
    What's his face goes on about underage drinking and hooliganism, so let's make everyone have an ID and (K I'm gonna be all off topic) raise the drinking age to 21 (doesn't work any better in America, where I happen to be from)...and close the pubs earlier and blah blah blah...Irish can't handle their drink blah blah blah.
    One thing that struck me after living here for a few months is, even for a thirty something, that there is nothing to do but drink. Now a teenager (all due respect to the one's in here) is going to be even more bored and are going to find something to do. As it stands it's probably going to be one of a few things...you can guess yourself.
    I think that a good way to push for skateparks and other outlets is to do a public campaign in that vein...ie that they help reduce crime, underage drinking and drug use.
    Anyway...my €0.05

Advertisement