Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gradual increase in Eircom Line rental?

Options
  • 10-07-2003 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

has anyone noticed how their line rental charges have been increasing everytime?
    I'm with Esat for my call charges (it's an awful lot cheaper) so I notice the increase probably more easily than most.
    Here's my line rental (plus the answering service) for the last 3 periods

25th March = 41.79
    22nd May = 45.66
    22nd July = 47.69

I called them and was told that "yup, this is just increases in the line rental price. But it will probably stay the same for the next ummmm 'while' "

I hate Eircom. hate, hate, hate

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have a look at the IOFFL forums....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Are there any alternatives?

I need a phone line for internet access and dial up access for work, but with work its all setup as a call back so it costs me very little but at the moment Im spending nearly €50 on rental and about €30 on call charges, like wtf is all that about?

Anyone know any alternatives to this?

Anyone else offering line rental besides Eircom:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

maybe ESAT if you take their business DSL as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Any one know how much Esat line rental is? im getting their business DSL and never asked, infact if i dont get an answer ill mail em on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

If you still need the phone service you still have to pay line rental to eircom even with esat business dsl.

You can get your line unbundled and have esat dsl and not have to pay line rental, but then you lose your phone service unfortunately. Thats what they told me anyway.

____
    C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Surely if you used Esat as the carrier you wouldn't lose voice?

Advertisement