Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-wiring phone in house. Advice plz

Options
  • 10-07-2003 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭

I currently have ISDN and just got an (extra)analogue line in.

All the engineer did was put a box in the window. Now i can connect my phone to this box however this isnt ideal as ill explain below.

My house has 3 floors, each with 1 or 2 phones on em. Currently if someone rings the ISDN number all the phones will ring. However since ill be swapping my isdn for esat dsl in the coming weeks id like a way to attach the new phone line to the system when the ISDN is removed so that if some 1 rings the house all phones would ring like it does now.

How much work would this be? How easy? Would it need an engineer? (would esat do it for me when i get adsl installed?)

Thanks for any insight, feel free to ask me to clarify anything as im sure its kinda hard to understand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

get an electrician to do it they should know what they are doing

All you have to Do is swap the ISDN line for PSTN line and it should Work the Same

you said that you had a system make sure that the New PSTN line Is Going into the PSTN card on your PBX for it to Work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just been speaking to Esat(they coming to stick in DSL) and he said the engineer would do it if i asked him to so problem solved.

Thanks for reply tho the Guru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

lol Stan. Already got a hands free phone but each bedroom as its own phone as well. No point int getting a **** load of cordless ones (prob interfere with eachother anyway ;) )

Advertisement