Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVipXL dodgy tonight?

Options
  • 11-07-2003 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with UTVipXL tonight?

I can connect at "normal" speeds, 44k or thereabouts, but after that, the connection grinds to a halt.

Checked the data flowing in and out and I'm getting huge number of errors in received data - 500-1000 in 5 mins or so.

No problem when I changed to a different ISP.

Contacted UTV and they don't have anything showing at their end.

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All is well here conected at 45k with steady data streaming

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Mork

I have been suffering from a lot of disconnects recently, not sure whats up. Not too worried thou as I will be getting broadband soon!. :)

-Mork

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Theyre having problems, going to raise a ticket with Energis tomorrow apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

My connection at the moment is crap. Its been like that since Thursday evening.

I get connected fine, at around 44-45k, although the validation period is taking longer than usual. After that, the connection virtually grinds to a halt. I'm getting a very high number of errors in received data - not sure what that suggests. Contacted support on Friday and did traceroutes for them.

I've had to use another ISP since Thursday, which is costing me! Hopefully I'll get some credit for that in return if this problem gets fixed.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Connection is fine... Dialler's b0rked again tho.
    (651) There was an error connecting to the server. Would you like to try again

...and thats before it even picks up a dial tone, tries to dial or anything, as soon as I hit Dial I get that error. Was working fine yesterday and it works fine with the windows dial up thinger now.

Anyone know the backup UTV number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by PiE
    Connection is fine... Dialler's b0rked again tho.

...and thats before it even picks up a dial tone, tries to dial or anything, as soon as I hit Dial I get that error. Was working fine yesterday and it works fine with the windows dial up thinger now.

I never use the utv dialer prog just windows dial up and no probs.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i only use the dialler & i've had feck all problems (well, no more than with eircom...)
    mesa happy

Advertisement