Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name This Classic For Me Please...

Options
  • 11-07-2003 6:29am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm wracking my brains to remember the name of the game...
    I'm currently trying out quite a few classic games seeing as I'm too broke to bother buying any new PC games at the moment...

Here's some clues...

1) It's An Amiga Game, Although I Believe It Was On One Of The Previous Sega Consoles Also...
    2) There Is Only One Word In The Title (For some strange reason Im convinced it starts with 'U')
    3) The Main Character Is A Grey Robed Wizard Stuck In Some Dungeons...
    4) The Game Is Quite Violent, And If You Win In A Fight You had The Chance To Dice Up Your Victim With Your Sword...
    5) Sometimes You Were Unfortunate Enough To Be Swallowed Up By Big ****-Off Worm Yolk's That Rip Through The Dungeon Floor...
    6) There Were Lots Of Ogre's/Goblins/Big Ugly Mutt Creatures...

UGH!!!
    I know a few people who'd remember immediately, and I remember searching for it a couple of months ago but now the title eludes me...
    Someone has to remember it... Twas quite a nice game!

Anyone have any idea!?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was a really violent game on the MD with a wizard in it called Immortal, I think. I have a review of it in my Mean Machines anthology so when I get home I'll tell you the proper name although I'm almost sure its called immortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Yeah that's The Immortal alright. Fun game I seem to remember. That dragon at the end is a bitch too.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well I was right in the fact that it was a one word title with a vowel... 'I' instead of 'U'... Immortal, that's the correct answer guys and a big thanks for easing the itch on my brain...

Was a damn great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I used to have that game on the Megadrive.
    Class indeed, it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That was part of EA's Sega blackmail deal where they published whatever they liked. On the one hand you had cool stuff like Madden and Immortal and on the other you had Budokan and.. *shudder* ..Dark Castle. To this day that's still the worst game I ever played.

• Advertisement
Advertisement