Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML Form query

Options
  • 11-07-2003 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a form for collecting arrival and departure dates and the user's email address as well as some other bits and pieces. When the user clicks the 'send' button an email is sent to me with the subject 'New enquiry'. How can I add in the arrival date to the subject of the email? E.g.: 'New enquiry: 12-DEC-2003'?

The arrival date field is call ArrDate - I tried these:

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="New enquiry: ${ArrDate}">

and

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="New enquiry: $ArrDate">

but they don't work...

Also, how can I change the reply-to address on the email I receive to the user's inputted address?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

What are you using to process the HTML form?

A standard form-to-mail script, or are you coding it yourself? If you're coding it yourself what language are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭narnar2000

Hi nahdoic,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I'm referencing an external script - it's a copy-and-paste job from Yahoo webhosting.

The start of the <form> part looks like this:
    <form method=post action="http://us.1.p.webhosting.yahoo.com/forms?login=mylogin"&gt;

then there's a few text boxes etc and a send and clear button at the end.

Is that enough info?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

yeah it looks like a yahoo mail script alright. I'm afraid I never used it though, so I can't help you. But definitely have a look in their help guide for their mail form script. It's bound to answer your question. Isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

I don't know about the yahoo script but if you have access to use ASP and CDONTS you could use this script:

http://www.aspin.com/func/content-review?id=4828010&rid=

With that script you can set the subject to what you want by using a modifications like this:

objMail.Subject = form_subject & ": " & Request.Form("arrival_date")

Best of luck.

Dave

Advertisement