Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeats

• 11-07-2003 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

who's goin to be in carlow to repeat in august? we can, er, form a study group

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Me... maths on the 28th. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

me also...application development on the 28th :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

i've got 6 to repeat. so i'll be around for atleast a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

ya htink you can pass 6? have you got notes and stuff? does anyone know what the story with appealing is. a lad in my class got 36 in one subject and way above 40 (pass) in another and he's going to ask to be compensated-is this likely to work and how do you go about it?

i got compensation on Operating systems and project last year. you can't get compensation on core subjects.
    e.g. if your doing programming, you can't get compensation on the programming subject.
    thats the way it works.
    doubt i'll pass 6, but i'll try and get as many out of the way as possible. particularly management. pointless having 3rd yr networking students doing business management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

argh
    computer networking degree do businessy crap ?
    thought carlow was void all the BS [remembering the days where a lot of computer courses contained foreign languages - main reason decided on carlow [or dcu comp apps] at the time ...

hmmmmm, another subject to add to the "arghhhhh" list
    currently maths/electronics/physics?/business lol
    i.e. anything directly non-computer [and java in "urgh" list]

ho'd ya get compensated and what mark had they given ya before? if it's not a main ubject and you get 37 and then get 85 in another subject but your attendence was crap what's the story? like i passed most my continous in that subject too but i think i missed one of the finals and that brought me down. if i could get that out of the way it wouldn't be too bad

if it's not a core subject and you get 35% or over and you get high in something else, you can get compensation. don't think attendance matters. you don't ask for compensation. they either give it to you in your results or not at all!!

yeah, the lad in my class is appealing because he didn't get compensated but there's probably not much point

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

i also have to do lots of repeats in august, man it sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I just got a letter from Joe Bennett in the post with the summer maths paper that I just failed, and a copy of all the answers. Good on ya joe!!

hmmm
    mental note ; get friendly with joe

or does it take *other* favours? ;p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mental note ; get friendly with joe

this is being immortalised

just cause u couldnt have me the night of the dublin boards beers and had to settle for some1 else ... don't get stroppy ;P

just wait till you meet Joe. But he does drive a beamer

OK
    posting after alcohol not always good idea

*takes back previous statements*

tom, was it not just maths that you failed and aren't you going to oz for the year?

Advertisement