Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pap Smear

• 11-07-2003 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭

This is a laugh for all those women out there who so look
    forward to that wonderful time once a year when they get to
    be"intimate" with their OB/GYNdoctor!

In Sydney, Australia, one of the radio stations pays($1000-$5000)for people to tell their most embarrassingstories. This one netted the winner $5000....

I was due later in the week for an appointment with the
    gynecologist. Early one morning I received a call from the
    doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for
    early that morning at 9:30 a.m. I had only just packed everyone
    off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 a.m. The
    trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time
    to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over
    hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So I rushed upstairs, threw off my
    dressing gown, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in "that area" to make sure it was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some
    clothes,hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.I was
    in the waiting room only a few minutes when I was called in.
    Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have
    made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" but I didn't
    respond. When the appointment was over, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal...some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six-year-old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom,"Mum, where's my washcloth?" I told
    her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, "No,
    I need the one that was here by the sink. It had all my glitter and
    sparkles in it."

Comments

Advertisement