Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime T & Cs

Options
  • 11-07-2003 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I just read the Anytime T & Cs carefully.

Section 2.1
    "For technical, operational and commercial reasons we shall be entitled to vary the Service and any aspect thereof at any time"

This would allow them to increase the price per month, or decrease the hours per month, and what could you do about it?

Well, you could terminate the agreement, but you are locked in for 1 year, sure you can terminate but they could make you pay for that year even if you terminate (section 6) and what you pay could be anything as it is based on section 2.1 as above.

You can't even withhold payment as it is by CC or DD, well you could tell the bank to stop I suppose.

Some may consider such terms as the default, never for actual use, but ever since the Nolimits situation, we realise that they can make use of such terms if they want to.

I don't want to sell my soul for this 180h, once my exchange is enabled, probably next Feb! I'll get ADSL (I live near the exchange)

comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

id say its defult

every company reserevs the right to put up the price or change the products they sell etc

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Sure, any company may put up its price, but you know that you can terminate, if it goes too high, but with this you are locked in. It's seems like signing a blank cheque.

well im not a busness expert or anything but i find such a term as fine

seems normal to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

doesn't it swing the other way as well? allowing them to lower the price/ up the hours?

ya other wise i guess they cant change the product at all either way;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dont they have to give u warning tho of the price change tho ? and see if u wish to keep the service after that ? considering they are basicly rewritting the contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Section 3.1 says that notice of change will be given within a "resonable period" on their website.

However this is not the issue, they could give 6 months notice, and you still have to pay it, if you are in the within the inital term of one year.

Advertisement