Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK Da wont boot on GC ?

Options
  • 11-07-2003 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Got this the other week and it has an annoying problem ,1st it wouldnt boot up not a thing stuck in disc and turned on and it just sat there.
    So a bit annoyed i brought it back to Virgin (got it for €45) and they changed it no problems.
    Tried new disc same thing so with every other game working i treid booting without any joypads and it worked.
    Now i have to start it with my official one and then plug in her ****ty(joytech or somfin) one when the game loads.
    But during games it pops up on screen "Pad 2 has been unplugged please press start on Pad 2 " and even tho its not unplugged pressing start resumes the game.

We play ISS2/3 Def Jam and Timesplitters in 2 player and this doesnt happen ever only on MK.

Anyone have this problem with GC or MK ?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi kdjac,

[Edit] Sorry - misread the problem. I know about the 3rd party joypad problem. I just plug it out before loading the game, then plug it back in when the game is loaded. I have no trouble playing 2 player games. [/Edit]

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's a blessing in disguise. Take the game back and buy something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

and then plug in her ****ty(joytech or somfin) one when the game loads.

Ah yes. Yes yes yes. I see the problem.

The GameCube recognises that your girlfriend [syn. mot; bint; female companion; button-masher] is in direct physical contact with the machine.

Removing her link, even temporarily, with the hardware gives the software a chance to "reboot" itself from the shock of having that unfamiliar double-X chromosome to contend with.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yes that could be it but playing her allows me to be a god at Iss3 and any game really so long may it continue :d

kdjac

Advertisement