Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utd want this wonderkid now...

• 11-07-2003 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Have any of you guys seen this guy play? He's like a wonderkid in Spain. I saw him frequently whenever sky sports had that Spanish footbal program on. Really good player. Full of skill and pace and technique...like a junior Figo.

Anyway, Man Utd had a bid rejected for him, saying something like he prefer to be close to home...

This in my opinion, if Utd do not get him, Real Madrid will definitely get him as Figos replacement when...im not sure!

From football365.com:
    Manchester United seem to have missed out on another player after Real Betis star Joaquin turned down a move to Old Trafford.

The 22-year-old’s agent, Aurelio Sachez, claims the Red Devils have made a cash offer plus Diego Forlan, but the Spanish international seems reluctant to leave the club.

If the agent is to be believed, Joaquin is the second midfielder Sir Alex Ferguson has lost out on, having also failed with a late bid for Australian ace Harry Kewell, who joined Liverpool for £5million earlier in the week.

The player apparently had a fallout with club president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera after rejecting a new contract, but Sachez says his client his still keen to remain in Spain.

“I do not believe that it (United’s bid) is going to amount to anything because Joaquin is going to continue in Betis,” he told Planetfootball.com

“Manchester are a very large club and it is always good to see what his value is, but it pleases him to be close to home.

“Mr Manuel (Ruiz de Lopera) knows that Joaquin is not only rated in England, but everywhere. Manchester are the richest team in the world and, clearly, do not waste their time but come with the intention of getting him.”

Sanchez added that they were hopeful of sorting out a new deal soon. “I believe an agreement will be reached with Betis and we will sign.

“He has three years remaining in Betis, but we do not want to continue earning at the current level, and, thus, want to arrive at an agreement. But we have to wait.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Jaquin is a good player, he played for Spain in the WC. But I'd say he has a massive buy-out clause in his contract (if buy-out clauses still exist). No chance of him leaving Spain either. Why would he ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Ye every player has to have a sell out clause in Spain.

But i mean i say they would sell him for an acceptable price....just whether he would leave...or not. I doubt he wud leave. He has his eyes set on Real. Definitely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Info from Spain...
    Joaquin is a typical example of what happens to the young promises at Betis.

Lopera, the betis president, being the Mafioso that he is has a method with the up and coming youngsters. Slap on a massive buy out clause and pay them as little as possible in wages. Then have the youngster sign long term contracts.

Diego Tristan left Betis at 17 because of this.
    Joaquin is earning half a million Euros a year. Lopera has told him that he must sign a 10 year contract. Joaquin would do this immediately if his wages matched those of the other stars in the squad.

Lopera wants to keeps his wages down.

Joaquin's father has said that if Lopera offers a gradual increase of half a million Euros a year, finishing the contract on 8 or 9 million Euros a year Joaquin will stay.

"United have offered Forlan and three or four other players, whose wages will certainly be higher than my son's. he doesn't want to go to United. he doesn't want to go to England. He wants to stay in Sevilla."

Lopera has made it clear that to even begin talking about a move the potetntial buyers must put 30 million Euros on the table - just to begin talking...

Doesnt surprise me at all.

A spaniard born and raised *NEVER* leaves spain. Its too family orientated, like dinner with the family, cousins, uncles, grandparents, great grandparents very often...

Just heard that Joaquin has an agreement with Real to join them when his contract is up. Lopera has apparently threatened to loan him to a Turkish/Russian third division club for the next two years if he doesn't sign a long term contract with Betis.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He could always do what Demitry Sychev did with Spartak Moscow, they refused to give him above 2000 a week, and wanted him to sign a 8 year deal so he got his lawyer involved and contacted the Russian suprime court and FIAF/UEFA.

What happened was that he got away from the club but he had to serve a 6month ban from signing for or training with any professional clubs, just got himself a personal trainer and played with an amature club for a few months, happy as larry.

Isnt Joaquin on 5 grand a week at the mo? I remember that spanish guy on sky sports going on about it...

Bannor, out of curiosity, where do you get your info from? Spanish websites?

A Liverpool fan who's heavily connected with Barcelona and his brother in law has connections with Real Madrid. Between the two of them they seem to know almost everything happening in Spain. :cool:

Nice...

Kluivert wants to stay with Barcelona...

Looks like his other 50% has finally got her way...

I knew that things were bad between them because of the supposed move away from Barcelona, but I didn't know exactly how bad until I was told last night...

Yesterday at the Camp Nou, Kluivert popped in for ten minutes to be paid - he did not take part in the meeting his agent, Sigi Lens had at the same time...

Basically, it comes down to this:

Barcelona have offered the player three options -

1. Keep his actual contract, which finishes in 2006, earning 4.9 million Euros net a year, but without being paid his 4.6 million contractual bonus.

2. Earn 4.6 million Euros net a year, but extend the contract until 2007 or 2008. Adding substantial incentives that would take the overall package up to 6 million Euros net a year.

3. This option has not been made public - and it is doubtful if the club will reveal it - Kluivert keeps his actual contract 4.9 million net until 2006, but he can leave as a free agent at the end of next season. He will also be paid incentives if Barca qualify for the CL and win the Liga, UEFA or King's Cup.

There was also mention made of him receiving a golden handshake of just over 2 million Euros.

The only offer that Kluivert has that is anywhere near 4.9 million Euros net a year is that of Chelski. The arse have offered 4 million gross.

Busy day in Sevilla FC yesterday - in the morning they rejected a 18 million Euro offer from Arsenal for Reyes, and after frantic negotiations with the player and his agent, (Reyes's father was banned from the club's stadium for the day...) Reyes agreed to extend his contract at Sevilla from 2007 to 2010. His buy out clause now stands at 100 million Euros.

The word in Sevilla is that the Mancs will make an official offer for Joaquin on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho will be a Man Utd player by Friday.
    Rosell told Laporta yesterday afternoon that Bugsy will be a Manchester player before Friday...

And Joaquin ...
    Rumour on the street and in the terrace bars here in Sevilla last night is that Lopera will accept an offer from Manchester for Joaquin, if the Mancs make an offer. Rumour also says that the Mancs tapped up the player's father two weeks ago.

Advertisement