Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP Problems

Options
  • 11-07-2003 3:13pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK guys, here's the story..

I have a small network setup, there is a router, with a firewall through it, and then 2 servers, each in their own DMZ and each of identical setup..

When I establish a dun connection to the router, its fine, the firewall lets the connection through but I cannot ftp to one of the servers.

Had a few problems with this before but all were solved but Im stumped now.

The server is running NT 4 server, SP6a, and IIS 4.0 for the FTP service.

All passwords, accounts, and everything like that are ok. The Firewall and routers arent causing the problem as they are working fine and nothing has been changed on them for ages..

Up until about 2 days ago the FTP was fine but I started getting problems related to the network services on the server. So in the end I removed and reinstalled the networking services and Nic.

Ive since reinstalled the IIS software, reserviced packed the system numerous times, re applied all security patches for the IIS and checked all the settings a hundred times over.

The connectivity to the server is fine as I can connect any other way bar through FTP.

Anyone any ideas please.. this is driving me nuts.. :mad: :(

Tox

Advertisement