Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

t300 settings

• 11-07-2003 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

I realise settings are discussed here already, but, I'm wondering if anybody is able to check their email account on vodafone ready to go? Also, where would you get a cheap data cable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am assuming wish to use an email client that is on the handset. You will be unable to do this using GPRS as the ISP.VODAFONE.IE APN is a requirement to do so, and this APN is not available to RTG customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

damn...... so ready to go doesn't support any kind of email access? Even just to check?

You should be able to access it by make a CSD call as an alternative to GPRS.

Configure POP your username as: yourname@vodafon.ie.
    Use the login password for myVodafone as the POP password.

Dial up number: 087 6202222
    ISP username: vodafone
    ISP password: vodafone

I think that should work, I am not in work at the moment so I can't double check it.

Alternatively do to http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/ and click "Phone Configurators" at the top of the screen.

Thanks Buddy, I'm new to this email on phone etc. so any help at all and I'm grateful. Am I correct in saying I need to sort out a @vodafone email address before I attempt anything else?

I've set one up, but, my main account is with eircom.net.
    What problems will that cause me?

Yeah if you want a Vodafone email accout you will need to set one up at www.vodafone.ie firstly. Alternatively, you can dial the Vodafone ISP number and use vodafone and vodafone as the username and password for the ISP, then used the Eircom POP server details and username and password for the mail settings. Should work. The link I gave previously should include an option for Eircom also?!

• Advertisement

Thanks..... didn't get it to work yet. I don't have time at the minute, I'll try again tomorrow!

Advertisement