Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who should Man U sign?

• 11-07-2003 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Pick who you want to see at OT next season.

Who should Man U sign? 14 votes

Ronaldinho
    7% 1 vote
    Viera
    64% 9 votes
    Kluivert
    7% 1 vote
    Duff
    21% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Personally I'm pissed they didn't take advantage of the Becham signing and try to get one of the Real Madrid players as "part exchange". Twas a great opertunity.

Hope to god they don't sign Klivert cause imo he's crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'd choose none of the 4.
    United need a proper striker ,not Kluivert,who is big and strong but pretty crap otherwise.
    They also need 2 intelligent centre backs .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Ye if i were you id edit this poll to "Who do man utd need most?" and have a list of centre backs, wingers and strikers.

We need an att mid. We need another centre back or 2. We need another winger. And we need a new striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Smicer and Heskey are going cheap. Yis should offer about €8m for the two of them. Bargain ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

ROFL space coyote.

There is more chance that Man U will become a boring team to watch then AF signing those two :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Does anyone else think Fergie should buy a Japanese player or two? For a start if the management are worried about losing money from the Japanese market with Beckham leaving buying a Japanese player or two would more then make up for it. And there are a few very decent Japanese players that showed themselves off in their run in the Confederations Cup - namely Okubo (young striker) and Nakamura (Ronadinho's Japanese cousin)

Nakamura is no way near as good as Ronaldinho is...

He also isn't as expensive,as inconsistent or as much of a Prima Donna.

I know you think Ronaldinho is the best thing ever and so do I to an extent- he is phenomenal at times but teams can totally remove him from a game - look at the French Cup final,or basically all of Brazil's matches in the Confederations Cup, he disappeared for spells of about 20 minutes and then might show a spark of magic and play a great ball but he had little REAL impact on any of the games really and he wouldnt have been missed if he hadn't played. He's world class sometimes, mediocre often.

And who says Nakamura isn't as good as Ronaldinho? Just becuase he isn't Brazilian, or doesnt have shed loads of image rights,isn't any good in Champ Man or isn't featured in The Sun daily? I had been lectured at length about his greatness before and when i saw him play in the Confederations Cup i realised that he was just as good as I had been told.He played twice,got a brace against New Zealand (not a big achievment i know) and clipped in a freekick against France that was just as good as anything your beloved Ronaldinho could even hope to produce.I firmly believe that if he had played against Colombia Japan would have progressed much further. He played his heart out for the full 90 minutes in both matches and was always involved,always looking dangerous - something Ronaldinho never did.You might say that he was simply playing above his level, maybe like Gary Breen at the world cup but the touches,control and skill he showed don't just disappear overnight.He'd be a fantastic addition to almost any team,just the type of guy Liverpool should be looking at and so should any other team with a brain I think.Fergie wanted that extra edge and i think he would be much more likely to produce it then some over-valued walking billboard.(and i realise I suggested a Japanese player as partially a marketing device but they have real skill to back it up with).If you disagree you could at least try to explain why instead of just making an unfounded statement like that, back it up for christs sake.

BTW he currently plays with Reggina who barely survived in Serie A this year, needing a playoff to stay up,wave Champions League football under his nose and he'll come running

(here ends the rant)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Konstantinou. He's dirt cheap if you buy him quickly and after a couple of seasons he's valued at €8m.

rivaldo.

pelé. He's impotent

He is not as good as Ronaldinho is. Thats that. He is no way near as technical or as skillful as him or even as fast as him. Hes not a patch on him. Ronaldinho is a lazy bastard, but when hes surriounded by world class players, ive no doubt he can play to his best much more consistently. Also, I think its very unfair to bring the confederations cup into this after Brazil did so poorly. Thats like saying "Zidane is ****, remember that time France didnt qualify for the world cup and he played ****..." Ronaldinho did play very well in the world cup and im not talking about his free kick against Seaman. He did play very well throughout. I also saw him in a friendly against Portugal a month or more ago, and he was real good even though Brazil lost 2-1. The skill is phenemonal.
    Fergie wanted that extra edge and i think he would be much more likely to produce it then some over-valued walking billboard.(and i realise I suggested a Japanese player as partially a marketing device but they have real skill to back it up with).

So you think you can be a better manager than Fergie? Hey, dont look at me, you basically said it yourself.

• Advertisement

He is not as good as Ronaldinho is. Thats that

No that's your opinion.Ronaldinho has talent but I (and note the word 'I') would rather have someone else who produces more often.

And I amn't just rating him on the Confederations Cup,everytime i see him play he comes in and out of the game,he contributes a great pass here,a nice trick there but just can't seem to keep it up,and i'm including the World Cup in that.

So you think you can be a better manager than Fergie? Hey, dont look at me, you basically said it yourself.

How did i imply that i think i'm a better manager then Fergie? I think he totally overrates Ronaldinho - how does that mean i think i am better manager?There is a hell of a lot more to being a manager then rating a player.When did i doubt his tactics,player management,selection,discipline etc? Never.

My exact words were "....i think he would be much more likely to produce it then some over-valued walking billboard" - see that word 'I' again? Thats MY PERSONAL OPINION, I think that someone like Nakamura,Aimar etc would be a far far better and probably cheaper option then Ronaldinho.I disagree with Fergie on the possible purchase and i think it is a lot of money to be risking.Maybe i will be proved wrong, maybe not, I just think that Fergie might be making a very large mistake in a desperate search for European glory.

I do think Fergies record with big signings recently is mixed - Van Nistelrooy has been brilliant,Veron is sometimes and Rio Ferdinand is disappointing.

Why do you have to be so childish anyway?I can't remember the number or times you have came out with personal insults for no reason and had to be warned by mods.If you want to argue about Ronaldinho with me then fine. Argue about him with me instead of simply declaring that he is better and you are right or deciding that insults are the best way to go.It's childish and pointless.And i checked your post history to make sure i wasn't being unfair.I could post some examples but i have zero interest in personally insulting anyone or making groundless claims.I'm here to talk about soccer - i suggest you do likewise

Fine then, i dont think he(Nakabllaaaa) is a better player.

I think Ferdinand is an excellent defender actually and the fact he he was successful in 87% of his tackles(the most on the entire Utd team) prooves that. He was overpriced but too bad, thats what happens when you try buy a player from a team ridiculously in debt who is also one of your biggest rivals.

And please, dont try and stir ****.
    Why do you have to be so childish anyway?I can't remember the number or times you have came out with personal insults for no reason and had to be warned by mods.If you want to argue about Ronaldinho with me then fine. Argue about him with me instead of simply declaring that he is better and you are right or deciding that insults are the best way to go.It's childish and pointless.And i checked your post history to make sure i wasn't being unfair.I could post some examples but i have zero interest in personally insulting anyone or making groundless claims.I'm here to talk about soccer - i suggest you do likewise

I never insulted you once. And im sorry to say but Ronaldinho is better than Nakamura whether you like it or not. and i backed that up as well. I also completely backed up my points for what i said.
    He is no way near as technical or as skillful as him or even as fast as him.

And he isnt. Its as clear as day you havent seen an awful lot of Ronaldinho because he is an extremely good player. If he wasnt as good as the media make him out to be, why would a player like Zidane come out and say he is "a very very good player" "one of the most technical footballers the world has". Again, dont ask me to go find that. I found it by accident when i was looking for something else.

And can i just say again, i didnt insult you but i feel like doing it now cos your trying to stir ****. Im here to talk about football, all ive spoken about is football. If you want to go look through my past posts where i might have insulted someone for in my opinion "talking utter ****e" then go do it...i couldnt care less.

So how about, instead of assuming somthing which clearly you want to happen so you can come out and say "your childish", instead of cracking up cos i dont agree with you because NAKAMURA is in your opinion a better player. Bull****.

Ok lets get this straight

Heres how this went: I suggested that Nakamura was at the same level as Ronaldinho. You basically said "Oh no he isn't".I explained why i think he is. You said why you think he isn't....which is all fine....but then you decided to try and get personal by saying all that crap about me thinking i'm better then Fergie.

You think i got angry and imagined you insulting me so i could have go at you becuase you insulted Nakamura who I rate?Now call me stupid (i'm sure you will anyway) but if i told someone they think they are better then a manager who has won just about every domestic and european competition there is i'd be meaning that they are arrogant,patronising,egotistical and just plain stupid - which sounds fairly insulting don't you think?

I didnt try to stir anything up.I was actually just saying that you decided to get personal and that you had a history of doing so.In fact i answered your actusation and I spoke on my opinion of Fergie.If someone has a go at me i'll reply usually.

It's clear i havn't seen Ronaldinho play?I've seen plenty don't worry.Apart from the obvious (world cup etc) and whatever little clips you might see on Eurogoals,Sky Sports etc I saw alot of PSG's games from the season becuase i have a french mate who is a big PSG fan and when he'd be in Ireland he'd bring me tapes or when i would be in France we'd watch them there.

Did I say in my last post you didn't back yourself up?The 'groudless claims' i was talking about was you deciding I thought I was better then Fergie.

Why would Zidane say he is one of the most technically gifted players there is?Because he is.I don't dispute that,i just think that it takes more then just technical ability to be better then another player.Why would Zidane says hes such a great player? Maybe he thinks that he is. I disagree with him on that- I don't think i am a better player then Zidane though.

And your here to talk about football? Then you shouldn't start saying things like i think i'm better then Fergie.

I can't believe i wasted so much time typing this reply but i think i've answered every bit of your post.

I think Nakamura is 'better' (stupid word) then Ronaldinho,you don't, i accept your opinion,you don't accept mine for some reason and thats that really but I do not like being insulted.

Now do you want to actually talk about football or am i about to get a whole lot of asterisks thrown at me.

He'd be a fantastic addition to almost any team,just the type of guy Liverpool should be looking at and so should any other team with a brain I think.Fergie wanted that extra edge and i think he would be much more likely to produce it then some over-valued walking billboard.(and i realise I suggested a Japanese player as partially a marketing device but they have real skill to back it up with).

Any other team with a brain? So basically your not just implying that fergie is stupid...but your implying that every other team "with a brain" should be looking at him...but of course "in your opinion"...

:rolleyes:

Also, i never insulted you. Your again, trying to stil S H I T.

And i want to talk about football but your posts get so long and over dramatic, it makes me not want to sit here at 2.11am and discuss football now or any time...
    I think Nakamura is 'better' (stupid word) then Ronaldinho

this is the only bit of football mentioned in your post...you should ask yourself that question? Do you want to talk about football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

LOL who voted kilvert bring in duff

Ok you know what 50 i'm just not even going to bother replying to you anymore.Theres just no point,

LOL who voted kilvert bring in duff

Maybe Van Nistelrooy reads boards

Ok you know what 50 i'm just not even going to bother replying to you anymore.Theres just no point.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NORZ

They should sign Kevin Kilbane!!

No, seriously, they need full-backs preferably Lizarazu and Carr.

Kluivert is like Andy Cole, but better, similar style, similar feeling of expecting him to miss when he has a sitter laid in front of him.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Lizarazu is getting a bit too old I think. Carr would be a good signing alright. I'd like to see Zambrotta sign too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 coke

Olivier Dacourt from Leeds (or Roma) or whoever. Trust me, i'm a leeds fan, and i can tell you that this guy is brilliant. He leads by example, he tackles hard, and has great vision with the ball at his feet. He competes so hard and runs his heart out. He added so much steel to the midfield area. He was the heart and soul of our champions league heroics two years ago. For my mind, a perfect replacement for an aging roy keane. He would play anchorman, allowing scholes to push on and get 15 a season. for 3m what a bargain! I think kluivert is far too lazy. How about jimmy floyd hasslebaink? a proven prolific scorer, and probly would not cost much more than 10m, if the rumours are true and he is unsettled. I hate to say it, but paul robinson would do brilliantly at united. He has the talent to go as far as he wants in the game. Roy caroll is not half bad though. I think they should replace silvestre with wayne bridge, sell veron and bid for steven gerrard from liverpool. That one wont be cheap, but wow is that guy talented.

• Advertisement
Advertisement