Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Handles

• 11-07-2003 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone any really good exercises for getting rid of love handles? The front of my abs are perfect - its just the sides that need toning up. Ive been trying lots of different exercises but they dont seem to be doing me any good and its really annoying me!

I'l try explain some of the exercises:

1. Lying sideways on the bench, with the top half of my body hanging over the edge. I then lower my body up and down so that I stretch my sides.

2. Sitting in a normal sit up position and using a small medicine ball I slowly twist from one side to the other.

Are these no good? Does anyone know any better exercises?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Used to have problems with those but I found they dropped right off after I started running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Thanks, I suppose I dont really do as much running as I used to.

Would this be the only solution does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

If it's a case of fat covering the area, then yeah, as you can't really spot reduce an area with training.

Weight/Ab work will build the muscle - giving it a better chance of showing through, but if that is not enough, you will simply need to adjust your diet and up the cardio till your body starts taking weight from there.

JAK.

Advertisement