Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi region dvd players in consoles?

• 11-07-2003 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

doe anyone know if the xbox can play multi region dvds? eg region 1 (i import a good few from there). or will it only work in the region where it's bought?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XB0034
    try this

i thought it was already out, but it could be out already on an older version, you might have to hang tight and ill buy you one for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

you can also use DVDX if you have a "Functionally enhanced" Xbox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

dvdx? care to elaborate? and weemcd, do you know much on the older version of that?

hmm would this work instead/aswell?

if i bought (imported or whaetever) a dvd playback kit from say america right, and bought one from somewhere in ireland aswell say argos. then whenever i wanted to watch cowboy bebop (region 1) i could just set up the american kit and it would work. and if i wanted to watch lord of the rings (region 2) i just set up the irish kit and that would work? would it?

/edit considering that the american kit is made for playing region 1 dvd's (american dvds) and the irish kit is made for playing region 2 dvds (western europe). am i making sense or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

I'll answer you’re Qs in reverse order Aragorn if I may ;)
    if i bought (imported or whaetever) a dvd playback kit from say america right, and bought one from somewhere in ireland aswell say argos. then whenever i wanted to watch cowboy bebop (region 1) i could just set up the american kit and it would work. and if i wanted to watch lord of the rings (region 2) i just set up the irish kit and that would work? would it?

No. Sorry the Xbox locks to the region of the first kit used, so region 1 if you used the US kit first or region 2 if you used the European kit fist. Swapping kits after makes no difference.

dvdx? care to elaborate?

dvdx is a freeware DVD app that runs with out a DVD remote and is multiregional, only problem is that you have to have a mod chip with all the problems that causes on LIVE! still it is a class peace of software. check out www.xbox-scene.com for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

get the region x when you can, i have it and it works well on ps2

hmm right. well basically the xbox that im getting comes with the dvd thingy and remote. so could i put dvdx on to the hard drive (its not too hard to hook it up to a pc is it?) and then play region 1 dvds? ah but then i'd have to get it chipped...i dont plan to play on LIVE mainly because i don't have broadband.

or i could just wait till september and then get the region x thing and save myself all the hassle.
    hmm choices choices...

Advertisement