Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salvatore?

Options
  • 11-07-2003 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Ive been reading a lot of salvatore lately, it dosent seem like he's too popular with boards members.
    I like his writing style, how its based oncharectar development, especially of Drizzt and Wulfgar.
    Just finished reading the Dark elf trilogy and the icewind dale trilogy, (Im relatively new at reading fantasy)

Just wonderin if anyone got any views on him, what to read next etc..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

He is wonderful , himself and ed Greenwood are the Forgotten realms tbh.

there are more D'rizzt and Wolfgar books then that you are off on a wonderful adventure if you have only just started readin his works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

just wanted to ask another question,
    do you know anywhere i can find books from "the legacy" trilogy and the "cleric quintet"trilogy in Dublin?

i know they have book 2 and 4 of cleric quintet in easons but they dont have book 1. and the legacy is impossible to find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the canticle books and the Drow books have been rereleased in combination form.

all the cadderly books the five of them bound together.

They were in easons......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

I ordered Legacy of the Drow and the Cleric Quintet from Amazon UK last year They're probably still available on there. I saw The Cleric Quintet in that book shop in the Jervis Centre in town a couple of months ago and in the Eason in the Ilac centre more recently.
    Legacy is a bitch to find but you will be able to get it online, if not then get somebody to order it for you.

I love his books. Although I'm relativly new to him myself. I picked up the Dark Elf Trilogy box set while I was in London last year and finished that. Now I'm on book three of The Cleric Quintet and so far its excellent. Salvatore is a genius when it comes to battles, especially large scale ones invovling the widespread dismemberment of large amounts of orcs. Its also hard not to be impressed by the way he develops his characters.

Advertisement