Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky DigiBox and Video Channel to second telly

Options
  • 11-07-2003 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Have sky box,telly,video in one room and sky then going to a second room. In the second room you can change the sky channel etc.

My question is what way should i have it setup so that the video is also being sent to the second room. atm i THINK its aerial to digibox, scart from digibox to video and then lead from video to telly in the room.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I love these no matter what you type it makes no sense :D

Get a small coaxial and run it from the Sky box to the video and then replace the out on the Video with the long lead that you used for Sky to the 2nd Tv. And use a Scart for the 1st TV to have Video.

So Sky goes to 1st TV with Scart (or coiaxial from output 1)
    Sky goes to the Video and then both Sky and Video come out of that to the 2nd TV.

Dunno if you would be able to still change sky channel with Video in between but you would be able to have both.

Or get a 2nd long lead and run it out of the video to the 2nd tv using a splitter to plug both into the TV.
    This is kinda messy having 2 long leads but will get you both sky changing from another room and video.

Oh and i bet your one lead short of doing either of those ,tis always the way.

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Uhm

Aerial >> VCR >> Sky RF IN.

That way, both VCR and Sky will work in other room and the magic eye will still work.

Connect a Scart lead between Digibox and VCR so that you can record from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by byte

That way, both VCR and Sky will work in other room and the magic eye will still work.
    B]

If your coax goes through a distribution box the magic eye will not work. I would recommend an all-in-one remote sender which will do the job.

Advertisement