Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things boredom do to you

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Any one remember a game called Rise of the Triads?
    :D that was a mad laugh, i played the floppy version for about a week solid on my brothers pc & then bought it for myself a couple of days later.

i might give it a lash now...
    i wonder if there are any 3d patches for it like j/z doom...
    i think they used the quake engine, so prolly not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

First ever game - Hungry Horace (C64)
    Bolder Dash, Loved that game (C64)
    Creature 1 & 2(C64) - Some of the puzzles in C2 were great where you had to save a creature...
    Dan Dare (C64) - Could never get out of the underground layer before the time ran out!!! - Goddam Mekon!!
    Spooks(C64) - Literally spent ages trying to complete this, never happened...
    1942(C64)... Nuff said
    and the all time classic that I sent away for.......... Wheatabix Vs the Titchies!!!
    and those Dizzy games took up a lot of my time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

games were much harder back then, i forgot about shinobi- it brings shame on my family

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I cant believe you said Maria Kart 64. It was an ok game, but compared to the first one on the SNES it was crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

There was a retro gaming competition in Dundalk IT a few months back with just Mario Kart and SF2.... More of these events should be held I think!

Me and my mates constantly play both MK and Sf2, Every time were down my gaf with a few beers, we have a good few first to 3 wins in battle mode, at €2 a go.
    One nite i won €40 on just 1 game.
    (consider me addicted)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

My life a small part of my CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The Great Giana Sisters on the Amiga
    Bubble Bobble on the Amiga
    All the Monkey Island Games (and and nearly all the earlier Lucas Arts stuff, especially Day of the Tenticle)
    Dune 2
    Doom 1/2
    Settlers (All of them)
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Civ2/3
    Warcraft 1/2
    C&C

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

1 - zelda, ocarina of time
    2 - super mario brothers 3
    3 - sonic the hedgehog 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon