Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's cartoons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

It's on Monday sometimes, too... 'tis ver' sporadic. Oh! And the guy wot plays the Tick appeared in a crap sitcom on Den2 called 8 Simple Rules - he looks just as constipated out of the confining rubber suit, which is somewhat disturbing.

I think it's great the way Vasquez didn't deicde to get all patronising with Zim. It's Squee with egotistical violence! Yay! And that guy from Angry Beavers does Zim's voice! How cool is he?

And Sven, he almost falls on his face. And it's obvious he's making up this "Mario" he keeps prompting us to do as he goes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I was exploring the darkest recessess of my brain last night, in a non specific way and rememebered Lone Star. Does anyone else, "Sight of the Hawk" "Strenght of the Bear" and all that, he had a robotic horse.

I want to start a petition for Nickelodian to make a JTHM cartoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

He was Agent T at the start of MiB2 as well :)

Yeah, a johnny cartoon would be cool enough, but i want them to
    bring back The Racoons! And not a ****ty remake, just buff up the
    old reels or whatever.

Evergreen forest, peaceful, serene....
    that is until Burt Racoon wakes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I was exploring the darkest recessess of my brain last night, in a non specific way and rememebered Lone Star.

I remember. It was Bravestar though, not lonestar. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was the best though. Then they had the New Adventures of He-Man and that sucked. Anyone remember that Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon? The good one, with Scratch and Grounder in it, not the crappy one with Snivley or that one with Knuckles in it where they're in a band.

Does anyone remember Samurai Pizza Cats? Nobody seems to know it ever existed except me and whenever I mention a cartoon about three cats with cyborg armour and katanas I get strange looks.

One time when I was about 8 I had a dream about a cartoon about four ninjas with metallic armour so when I woke up I started drawing comics of them and still do to this day (ask Barry. He's seen them). Who knows? It could be the cartoon series of the future. And the best part is, their enemy is a giant zombie called Frank in Stone who's encased in unbreakable stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Samurai Pizza Cats, I thougt I had imagined it. THat was really odd.
    Then there was He-man, I was a member of the fan club, god those were the days. Guys in tongs were our roll models and all bad guys had no face. If only were that simple now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Speaking of pizza/fast food, AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE!!! So b0rked up! so brilliant!!! Watch it, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

When I was little, me favourite cartoon was... the one with the guy who went to a place with the lizards... and he was stuck there... and they tried to kill him except one... ARGH. I can't remember what it be called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

CONAN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Conan the barbarian to be correct. that show was excellent...it had a baby phoenix in it....mmmmm....phoenix on a bbq....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Mr. Benn tbh! BEST SHOW EVER! <and afaik it was with two n's so no it's not a typo>

• Advertisement

Two n's indeed! 'Twas so good, the Divine Comedy wrote a splendid song about it! It used to get me all excited, too, because his house number was the same as my granny's. Which was, like, wow. Even if my granny wasn't terribly animated or one for hanging around with mysterious shopkeepers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Mr.Benn was just so freakishly weird. I didn't get it at all. He just spent all his day fantasizing about being something he isn't. He was probably one of those works of art that just is not recognised by me.

I heard they were making a film LONG ago... but they never did. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I loved Mr. Benn. It was cool, Mr. Benn got to go back in time. I remember the cave-people episode. I also loved Bosco, he was great. And Sesame Street. AND Monster High. And more or less, all of the programs on TCC, except that one with the guy who wore a red t-shirt that showed off his navel. It was Max Power or Johnny Power or something along those lines. It was just plain boring. And annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Oh, and I'm aware that Bosco was an RTÉ program, not a TCC one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Mr. Benn. Oh the memories...
    To relive those memories I found a place that sell his posters, videos, dvd's etc

Mr. Benn

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Originally posted by Havelock
    Well, I'll give you Zim, as it rocks, but don't think its actually a kids cartoon. Its a cartoon, but it think its because there is no JTHM cartoon. Its JTHM Lite, with out the murder.

No, Spongebob Squarepants is crap, I'm sorry just my opinion, but its so stupid. People's IQ points drop while watching it I'm sure.
    Zim still is a little sinister, even if nobody gets KILLED, so to speak. Just think of the one where he gets Head Pigeons and steals people's organs (No, I don't steal people's organs because of head pigeons, I do it because I'm some sort of organ cleptomaniac) Granted, no one was shown dead. I'd like to see a JTHM cartoon as long as Jhonen Vasquez had complete control over who did what and that sort of thing. Anyone else would find a way to **** it up somehow.
    And I gotta say I agree about spongebob. Dear GOD I can't stand that programme!!! That is not a comment about anyone who watches it, merely my sentiments. But OH JESUS! WHY??!! I suppose mine is not an incredibly informed opinion as I only ever watched 10 mins as this was all I could take before I really wanted to smash my tv (I'm so sorry, you know I love you baby) I can't help but wonder if there has ever been a Spongebob Squarepants related murder.....

Oh. My. GAWD.

I forgot MORF!!!! The best show EVER!!!!!!!!!

*starts downloading every episode ever*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alucard

Does anyone remenber......................... "cadillacs and dinosaurs"
    That cartoon was a legend. Not only did it have big mofo cars but it also had big mofo dinosaurs..........................and lava, ya gotta have lava.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....lava.

i liked bosco. he reminded me of myself.........with the red hair, lack of height, squeaky voice and the whole living in a box thing.

Garóg rocks my pants forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

OMG i remmember Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. Was on ages ago. Massive but it was only on for a couple of months i think.

• Advertisement

Cadilacs and Dinosaurs was bum clouds. Everyone knows that. Fool. Although it was cool the way it would go widescreen at times of intense drama (ie, close-ups of eyes, revving of engines, more close-ups of eyes, hand changing gears, revving of engines, close-ups oy eyes, growth of suicidal tendencies in audiences, etc).

PS - Eek! the cat, and... the Terrible Thunder Lizards!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Do ya know what? THE MAKERS OF BAMBI SHOULD BE SHOT THEMSELVES. Grrr.....I only remembered that film recently, I must have been repressing it. I I mean, I was the sort of kid who laughed at any kind of sad or emotional thing, but that film actually got to me. That and Edward Scissors Hands, but that film was just plain funny at times so I can forgive it much more easily.
    "I wonder if those hands are hot or cold..."
    "Imagine what one snip could do...." ".....or undo"

The only good thing related to Bambi was about this time last year when I waited until 3 o clock with a 12 pack of Red Bull just to watch his mom get shot. I felt sadistic. Yay.

I've never seen Bambi.
    But I remember watching my videos of Bucky O'Hare and Count Duckula over and over again as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Spongebob kicks ass. I saw the most hilarious one ever a few days ago where he was trying to hide the corpse of a health inspector that he thought he'd killed with one of his burgers. You don't see that in a lot of cartoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

I remember Eek the cat. I had forgotten about TCC up until I read this post. First they stopped showing presenters, and then they were replaced by Nickelodeon. I got up early one day in CTYI to watch invader zim because nickelodeon has it on at seven o' clock, only to find it had been replaced by jimmy neutron, the big headed boy that defies the laws of physics. No other good cartoons were on so I was forced to go back to my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

hey, i remember that... i woke up at a quarter past 7 and kate wasn't there and i thought somebody had kidnapped her and aaa and aaa and then i realised that everyone abandoned me (ME! in my time of need!) to go watch cartoons so i went back to sleep. that was the morning i nearly missed breakfast.

sorry, that was totally off topic

GHOST BUSTERS! and The Real Ghost Busters!

And Reboot. heh... that got really good at one point. it just went nuts like.

It wasnt a cartoon but it had cgi bits....
    can anyone remember the name of that show that used to be on net2 on sunday mornings, the main characters were in a game or kept being sucked into a game or something, i haveo nly bare memories of it, but i remember thinking it was really cool.

• Advertisement

I can't remember it but i suddenly remembered the BEST CARTOON EVER!!!

Teen wonder extraordinaire!
    FREAKAZOID! FREAKAZOID!

"Hey Freakazoid, wanna go watch a bear in a tutu on a skooter?"
    "DO I EVER!?"

Advertisement