Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with soles of feet when running

• 12-07-2003 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭

Have been starting running again recently and am having problems with the skin on the soles of my feet going red, itchy, coming out in hives etc. Are there any creams you can get to clear this? I suppose I should get a few pairs of decent running socks as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

The symptoms you describe sound quite weird, its not a common running injury and perhaps could be caused by skanky foot hygiene? Are your runners/socks manky? DO you wash your feet? :) If this isn't the case has your washing powder been changed recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Think it might be athlete's foot, although I have changed my washing powder recently so that could be it. And I do have good foot hygiene by the way, clean socks every day and after a run. Got some athlete's foot cream and it's started to clear up.

Advertisement