Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Idea's......

Options
  • 12-07-2003 5:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

What topics would you like to see discussed in the USA part of this forum?

Is there anything that interests you about entertainment, news, geography, etc...
    Post up some of your ideas about some new threads that will interest the members of Boards.ie!!

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

how to assassinate bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Topics such as War, Economy, Envirnoment, and things like that would be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Some discussions on Bush's " 'merican pride" speaches, and the prospect of wars against weaker, poorer nations

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Well we all know Bush is an eejit, I tried to tell as many people as I could before the election that if he was voted into office there would be war and the economy would go to hell, but no one listened. I am a bit of a prophet I suppose ;)
    I said someone should 'pick him off' but no one has tried yet.
    Do you ever feel like , no one is listening when you speak...not that I reached enough people but if each one spread the word and we 'the people' started a campaign against electing such moron's, surley the vote count would be affected , it would be on the news and people could see that not only the opposing candidate wants him out but the general public from several townes feel as much. ahh well, wishfull thinking.

Work is hard to find now, so as much as I hate my job and want to quit, I cant because I'd be hard up to find another job right away.

America put Bush in office, American's for the most part, are Ignorant. I am not proud to be an American. There are no 'but's' about it. I tried to move to Ireland and live my life away from this corrupted ignorant infested place but it didnt work out and I had to come back.
    So now I try and act like the average American and pretend that everything is ok and ignore what is happening around me so I can live my life the way I want. blah blah blah
    If "the People" would just realize that we could make a difference if we all stood together and got Bush out of office and worked towards the same goal instead of everyone worried about themselves, as the selfishness of humanity does, then the world would be a better place.

Anyhoo, I could go on on and on about the ridiculousness and Bush and hid proposals and the ignorant public that eats it all up, but we all know that already. Hopefully a miracle will occur and someone else will be voted into office at election time.
    A democrat would be Ideal ;)

So I have started this ball rolling, lets hear what you think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I came back to Ireland recently to work for a while with my American wife and baby after 5 years there. My opinion of America has changed since my time there. Way back I used to think that all American's are ignorant and had more money than brains. After spending some time over there interacting with people working and living I think that for the most part they are they same as anyone else. There are ignorant people there, just as they are in Ireland or any country. Personally I am proud my son is American and Irish, there is nothing wrong with being proud of where you came from but also disagreeing with how your country is run. I don't like Bush myself and I do hope he doesn't get another term in office. I miss America and I think it is likely we will end up going back there because Ireland has become too dirty, expensive and frustrating to just get anything done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Kernel32
    Ireland has become too dirty, expensive and frustrating to just get anything done.

Damn right! I am 17 and as soon as i've my leaving Cert done i'm outta here! Probably to America.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Well, I guess we are all entitled to our opinions on America and Americans, and you are right about one thing..kernel32, you find ignorant people everywhere you go, but really, Americans in general are ignorant about the rest of the world, I think most Americans forget that other countries exist outside of thier perfect hollywood run little fairytale lives, There are so many things wrong, but there are (on the good side) so many opurtunites to make your life what you want it to be, if you know how to use the system, for the lucky few who have figured it out, it is great, but fior the rest of us, the system is just keeping us down. There are ways out, oh yes, but if I tell you....I will have to kill you.
    lol, ok, I can go off the deep end sometimes about this country, only because I know what is out there...I know there are way worse places to live, believe me...when compared to anywhere in the middle east I would choose america, however...western Europe would be my first choice for residency...and I tried but I was not able to stay...I would come back again If I thought it would work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I've met a lot of Americans, and I've never met an ignorant one - but that's probably because I've never been the the states and have met them over here...

Correction - now that I think of it, I have met a good number of ignorant Americans - in Spain and in London. But on balance, they honestly aren't any more ignorant than the average nationality - at least the ones that venture outside.

Advertisement