Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Application Developer Needed - PHP, MySQL, Unix, HTML and Javascript

Options
  • 12-07-2003 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Do you enjoy:

- using open source technology?
    - working and communicating with a fast-paced, very small and efficient team?
    - developing and refining web applications that are used by millions of people every day?

I've been developing StatCounter's free services since 1999. I want to develop StatCounter into the best Web Tracker and Counter available to webmasters and website owners worldwide. I'm looking for someone who is willing to work hard and invest their time to build upon StatCounter's success.

The capital needed for StatCounter to operate across multiple dedicated servers has already been created from the advertising on the free service, and can keep StatCounter running for well over a year.

The potential for success is very high. There is a huge untapped market on StatCounter at the moment for various pay services. I am looking to develop a long-term working relationship with the right candidate, who will be handsomely rewarded for their hard work.

More Info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Position filled. Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Good to see StatCounter still churning away nahdoic. I'd nearly have had a chat with you meself if they position hadn't been filled in, you know, twenty minutes. :)

Anyway, keep at it.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

thx adam,

I haven't forgetten that pm you sent me around this time last year. And I especially haven't forgotten the thread, what to do when you can no longer support your website?.

It was really touch and go there for a while. Boards.ie members were instrumental in totally turning StatCounter around, and what a difference a year makes. Still going strong on Hosting365, and the StatCounter 2 system is performing exceptionally well under load.

And next year is looking incredibly exciting for the StatCounter 3 system currently in development. We're going to be taking on the big boys soon enough for advanced web analytics, actionable e-metrics, return on investment and various other features no one is providing but we know is needed. You name, we're on it, and we're going to be bringing the cost of outsourcing large traffic websites crashing down with our current business model. The pricing some people charge is totally insane. You could have a couple of your own dedicated servers for the price some services charge. And most importantly we're making it easy to use, and only providing the data that people really want. Some of the other providers have totally lost the plot in this regard - information overload, and companies are paying for the privilege.

And we won't be forgetting about what made StatCounter popular in the first place, the free web tracker and highly configurable counter, this is only going to get improved further.

The position was filled by a guy from the Czech Republic, he's a complete genius. And we are working really, really well together since Saturday. StatCounter has been a solo project since 1999, it's great that I can finally branch out a little further. It's scary how much work we are getting done together in such a short space of time.

Like you said before a successful formula is to grow the site in very small steps at a time. We just do what we can handle. With each step we learn more, and are able to refine it further and offer more features, better support and improve reliability as we take another step - remaing profitable at all times.

And it works!

Ah don't worry, I'm sure we'll have another position opening up soon enough. We might wait 40 mins the next time ... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<adam tries to remember what horrible things he said in that pm>

:)

adam

Advertisement