Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can ICQ work for pc to pc on a lan offline?

Options
  • 12-07-2003 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I'll like to use ICQ for a limited lan conversation offline is this possible? or must I be always connected to do this as well?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Going through it I think not but if you do use it you can always leave a chat window open and then disconnect.

Note: For LAN users, once you are in a chat, you and/or your chat partner can disconnect from the Internet and continue your chat. This is especially useful if you are having trouble with your Internet Service Provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I thought I saw an ICQ server app for use on a LAN on the icq website.. this was a good while ago though, might have disappeared. Worth having a trawl through the site for it though.

There are other IM apps that can be used on a LAN though...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

www.jabber.org

Open source, with servers and stuff

NT also comes with winchat, for basic IM functionality

:)

Advertisement