Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy were we odd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

[edit: again with the name calling << Fio >> ]....and after getting to know some of the other RAs, they arent that bad. richie is pretty cool, as are laura and gemma. keith aint bad and sean, well, lets just say.."DPA! DPA! DPA!" yeah, it did take a while to pick up tbh, the main problem this year is the amount of twats that have gotten in. i mean by god!!! the twatishness!! nevermoredom sucks.. mayhap ill be back though as an RA, just maybe. Justice shall be swift and final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Yeah, as a matter of interest what are the other requirements to be an RA other than being a 3rd level student? if any that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

methinks you have to have been to ctyi before, have completed a year of college and be at least18.

i think .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

you don't have to have been at ctyi before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

I thought this year was really good. My instructor sorta somehow thought it was my birthday during the course, and she threw me a surprise party. I felt bad about it, but free cake!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I was a newbie for session 1 this year, and the course(psychology) was definitely what I anticipated. I came for the course, I did the course, I enjoyed the course. There are very few things I do in which the social aspect is my top priority, and CTYI isn't one of them.
    However, I anticipated far more eccentricity and plain craziness. Instead I found a small group of intelligent, interesting people and a seemingly endless supply of what are considered to be norms. There was a brief rebirth of the spoon cult, but nothing more, really. Just a lot of interesting conversations and the occasional act of eccentricity ;)
    I don't mind that much though, I did have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

hey spenguin, if we both do the same class next year,how about we pretend it syour birthday again? that free cake was goooood, and do you remember the watermelon? and the pizza? birthdays are fun....

this year, i was anewbie too, and i had some of the greatest 3 weeks of my life. thanks to everyone who made that possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

And then I'll visit and tell them it ISN'T her birthday. Yeah, great plan, Ana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

That plan won't work again for the following reasons:

1. People lied about it after my sister and R.A's became suspicious
    2. They aren't stupid, they'll check up on you
    3. Wench!!!
    4. They may issue out punishments if you lie. They did that to one guy in meh R.A group, so he got to have no pizza.
    5. Wench!!!!!

Er, no calling of "wench" no more. You harlet.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    hey spenguin, if we both do the same class next year,how about we pretend it syour birthday again? that free cake was goooood, and do you remember the watermelon? and the pizza? birthdays are fun....

this year, i was anewbie too, and i had some of the greatest 3 weeks of my life. thanks to everyone who made that possible.

How about we not get Alison banned from CTYI for lying? Well, it wasn't so much a lie as a misunderstanding on my teachers part. She thought it was my birthday. It wasn't. Anyway, we couldn't do it again 'cos they'd realise my birthday was on two different dates, neither of which was the one in their information about me. What if we get free cake at the risk of you this time? That would be good. I'm going to trail off now...

jeez, is it that hard to get some troublefree cake aroung here? no, i realise it was a misunderstanding on our instructor's part but it was a tasty misunderstanding.

and hey, richard, we had a deal about the wench thing, involving pizza, and you never ever calling me wench again. ever. *sniffs* and i thought you'd changed...

There there Ana. Richard won't change. I think he just likes the word 'wench'. Well I'm done comforting people for the day. Back to the war room I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Out of curiousity, what sort of wench do you regard Ana as, Richard, Garóg or someone else who calls her a wench? Sorry Ana, I'm bored and can't think of much to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Our group had a fake birthday...good excuse for cake and pizza...but i wish we could have invited people who werent in our group...

I'm tired and red dwarf is on. I like it better than you, reader of this post, so I'm going to watch it now. This has nothing to do with the thread but I've forgotten what the thread is, and I just felt like writing a post.

Ah, the subtle art of TROLL.

I dunno...wench is defined as "woman who serves". But I dunno. I use it as a general word for someone of lower class. Not that I'm saying Ana is of a lower class than I.

But she SO is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

One of de noobs dis yr... i tink it was thomas... came up with stupid clothes tuesday. which is fairly self explanatory. it didnt catch on though, ctyi is gettin TOO FREAKIN NORMAL!!! its just wrong for christs sake. i cant wait for jack to come back as an ra, that'll give normality a boot right up its ugly hole!

Maybe it didn't catch on because he put a sign on one of the doors at nine in the evening on a monday so not enough people heard of it. Besides, stupid clothes tuesday?? Thats not weird, its just... stupid. There is a difference.

tell me spenguin, how many years have you been going 2 ctyi.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, the years I've been going to CTYI. Hmm, yes. Oh the years, you couldn't imagine. Yes.

ah. i see. well anyway, to sum1 hoos not a ctyizen the dressing gown thing wud seem pretty stupid. So plz give stupid clothes tuesday a chance

The dressing gown thing has a purpose. Thats why its so great.

ahem?

me? of lower class than you, garog? (wow how do you do fadas on computers anyway?).

no, seriously, what are you on about? of course i'm of a higher class than you. i have more friends than you. we've had this conversation a million times. the more firends you have = the better a person you are.

so don't be calling me of lower class *shakes fist angrily*

stupid clothes tuesday also had a purpose. if u cant see this then maybe u shud get ur head checked. it may be b-coming normal

Maybe I should get my head checked? Hmm... thats not old and unoriginal. If I could express my sarcasm through typing I would. You like to think you're weirder than you are.

How dare you! do u even know who i am (cause if u do, id appreciate u telling me, i suffer from acute amnesia and i lost my wallet) :confused:

Bah. This conversation is getting too long. I think I'm going to watch tv. Nothing good on tv. Ok. I'll amaze you all with a tale from my youth. Oh wait, tv good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Dressing gowns on Thursday is from Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (world was bulldozed on a thursday and only survivor was in a bathrobe). It's not a CTYI thing but just a nerdy thing. WAAAAAAAAAAY more common in MIT for example.

Stupid Clothes Tuesday sounds lame ass mofo. Try involving latex gloves and the word sex. Albeit not actual sex mind.

• Advertisement

I know full well where the dressing gown comes from, im 1 of the few ppl hoo's keeping that tradition alive

Stupid Clothes tuesday was a final attempt to try and stave off the normality that is infecting ctyi like a virus!

Unfortunately having it on the LAST tuesday was a bit of a bad idea as hardly any1 had enuff clean clothes to dress stupidly...

Oh well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement