Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy were we odd

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Away with you. Stupid clothes tuesday could never have stopped normality in CTYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

i NEVER said it wud save ctyi.

I just said it wud stop normality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

CTYI does not NEED to be saved. It is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

CTYI doesnt need to be saved, just steered away frm normality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

No, CTYI simply needs for the RAs and staff to stop being so paranoid about negative publicity and insurance claims, and to let their hair down a little. They're lovely people mostly, but unfortunately they're letting these concerns impinge on the whole "fun" aspect. Sure people are going to do stupid things that they shouldn't do, but that's the whole fun of it. Legendary things like the (attempted) ghost marches and the cults etc.

But really, it's only a bit of fun, and for every person who gets injured or feels silly, or ends up whacky, there are at least 20 people watching from the sidelines having the time of their life. And generally the person involved is too.

They're the legends that keep newbs enthralled with the olden days... and if the staff were a little more lenient (especially as regards censorship of things like debates and odd behaviour that isn't exactly dangerous) people WOULD have a lot more fun with absolutely no splash damage to the institution itself.

<sigh> but what do I know eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Sigh.

this thread is slowly/quickly deteriorating into squabbling/trying to show off.

Delete as necessary.

Thread locked. no more bickering over "who's been at CTYI longest", proving you are well 'ard.

Neil

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement