Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I overclock my fujitsu siemens cpu fsb?

Options
  • 12-07-2003 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to overclock my fujitsu siemens pentium 4 fsb. The motherboards bios has little to no options. Has anyone got any ideas or anything? I don't want to have to buy a new motherboard or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Short answer:
    You can't

Long answer:
    It's an OEM PC. It's sold to people who couldn't be arsed/didn't know how to build their own machine in the first palce and tbh, those people really shouldn't even open the case never mind trying to overclock anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

How do I overclock my fujitsu siemens cpu fsb?

throw it in the air and take a shot of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its not definitely out of the question, unless the machine has a fujitsu siemens board ( more than likely ). Still, you could hunt for the clock generator chip ( small chip near the cpu and ram, and if its on this list, in the supported section, you can use softfsb to overclock your machine via software.

No, there isn't any easier way. You are going to have to open the machine, and look around for the clock generator chip.
    It will look something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keith@modified

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Short answer:
    You can't

Long answer:
    It's an OEM PC. It's sold to people who couldn't be arsed/didn't know how to build their own machine in the first palce and tbh, those people really shouldn't even open the case never mind trying to overclock anything.

People have to start somewhere. You must have been born pulling Silicon from ur nether regions. I for one wasn't interested in tweaking up untill about 1yr ago and in that time I have learned alot from asking silly questions. But not once did I get a "Know it all" give me a reply like ur one.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

Sadly mr SyxPak tells the truth :(
    although very not in a very pleasent way

"It's an OEM PC. It's sold to people who couldn't be arsed/didn't know how to build their own machine in the first palce and tbh, those people really shouldn't even open the case never mind trying to overclock anything. "

try go into the bios and see if you can set up the clock speed a bit but i dont think i will allow you cos those cheap oem boards are normally very unclockable :(

check board
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107429
    for a bit more info

• Advertisement

Meadows, did you read my post? Overclocking the machine is not out of the question, its just that it will take a lot of investigation to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

yea but i didnt put much pass on it
    this guy is going to have to upgrade and put his hand in his pocket, me bets. Lets just hope he gets a homemade rig next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

also, the board may be based on a known quantity intel board or suchlike. You may be able to get a hacked BIOS, but its higly unlikley.

The other option, as the man said, is to hope you can software change it

In this case, theres a 95% chance that the fsb can't be overclocked, because fujitsu siemens make their own boards and tend to use bog standard clock generators.
    However, if you stray outside the biggest brands, you will often find rebadged 3rd party boards in branded machines. E.g Hewlett Packard using Asus boards sometimes.
    There was also the case of the intel al440lx board which could be reliably clocked up 10-15% with softfsb. All I was saying is that you can get lucky.
    Not much point in throwing this machine away though, unless its really slow, or the person has nothing else to do but overclock, with no thought to the waste of money involved. But I don't think thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

my specs on the fujitsu are 2 gigs 256ddr so its alright. Im going to upgrade to 1024mb eventually. Also Im changing the motherboard. the reason i bought a ****ty siemens was because i was strapped for cash and had to buy this off the esb. So there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

People gotta start somewhere... Syxpak - maaan... take a break... I'm sure at one stage, you mightn't have been an asshole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keith@modified

My Fujitsu Siemens has a MSI-6391 Pro4 Intel 845 Board.

The Fujitsu spec is -

P4 1.5GHz
    512 pc133
    Ti 4200 + TT Cooler
    40gb Hdd
    iCute Case + 3 80mm Fans

The original bios would not allow the FSB to be adjusted but I flashed the Bios and the options greyed out became adjustable, I haven't pushed it to far though -

System Clock - 114.25 MHz
    System Bus - 456.99 Mhz QDR

Internal Clock - 1713.70

It is stable having run alot of SisoftSandra Burnin's

The Ti 4200 is running at ......... Gpu @ 285Mhz Mem@575Mhz

I can provide Screenshots if there's a problem. Goes to show it is possible after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Delightful! Humble Pie for some of our supposedly more knowledgable... *ahem* friends....

I wonder if he has the humility to post a retraction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

The Ti 4200 is running at ......... Gpu @ 285Mhz Mem@575Mhz

I have an MSI FX5600 TD256 and my Core clock is @ 338Mhz memory clock is @ 433Mhz. I thought the Ti 4200 was supposed to be faster then the FX 5600. Whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

There is a lot more to graphics cards than clock speeds .
    Memory bandwidth is a big one along with pixel pipelines with texture units also vertex shaders etc.

Advertisement