Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tats that are circular....

Options
  • 12-07-2003 11:08pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The design I have in mind is circular with a stylised Pi in the centre. (Basically its something that doesnt change accross Euclidean space but thats another post).

I've been put off getting it to date because the circle is central to the idea and I dont want to find that in 5 years I've got an oval or worse a spagetti ring tattooed on me...

Are there any problems with getting a perfect circle tattoed on your chest (most likely, not sure about that either)... do they stretch and contort over time?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Surely the answer to that would be - are you going to stretch and contort over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by DeVore

Are there any problems with getting a perfect circle tattoed on your chest (most likely, not sure about that either)... do they stretch and contort over time?

Depends where you get it, if you got around the breastbone area you should be ok, yer pretty lithe Dev, you'd have to get pretty obese for a tattoo there to stretch out :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I was thinking about getting it close to my heart tbh. I'm not real muscular and I dont expect to be building a lot of muscle but I suppose its also a factor of how big the circle is... I'm thinking maybe something a little bigger then a 2 Euro coin, maybe 1.5 times its diameter...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not really an answer for you but I read this in Viz today...

Top Tip #42
    Skinflints:
    - Save money on expensive tattoos by getting a small one done over a muscle, then going to a gym until the muscle gets bigger. Hey presto, a big tattoo for the price of a small one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

DeVore, you should be ok unless you have plans to grow some sexy man-breasts in the future.
    If you are worried about it stretching, maybe get it on your legs or your back.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement