Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my god help :/

• 13-07-2003 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Processor : 1200 AMD T-Bird
    Ram : 256meg SD RAM
    Graphics Card : Gainward Ge Force 4 ti 4800 Ultra Gold Sample
    Graphics Drivers : Nvidia Detonator 44.03
    Operating System : XP Professional with Service Pack 1
    Direct X : Version 9.0

My CS drops to 40 reguarly, battlefield is unplayable, im wondering can anyone give me any suggestions on what to do.
    I've tried swapping to lots of different graphics drivers, I've enabled 4 speed AGP on my mobo, I've set the apature size to 128meg, I've disabled all AntiAliasing et al even though I shouldnt have to :/

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Please provide some more info, what version of windows your running..
    Do you have latest Service Packs, Graphics card drives etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

This is happening to me aswell. I've tried different drivers for most things but its still borked :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Is DX9 final now or still in beta? Could be an issue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Final I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Try using open GL in CS phb.. not sure bout battle field but if open GL rendering works better in CS, try it in battle field if it supports it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

was it working good before? or have you always had this problem?

If it worked good before, try and remember what u changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

WinXP SP1
    DX 9.0

There's your problem :)

DX 9.1 is out now isn't it?
    And it *should* afaik sit nicely beside 8.1a, as MS are currently splitting DX into two streams, "legacy", DX7/8 and "XP Gen". DX9+

Why did you install DX9 when CS and BF don't require it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    Try using open GL in CS phb.. not sure bout battle field but if open GL rendering works better in CS, try it in battle field if it supports it.

You should *only* use OpenGL in CS if you ahve a hardware TnL card. The API automatically takes advantage of the acceleration. CS (or rather Half-life) was written with DX6.1 support, which didn't include hardware TnL, only DX7+ has it.

Battlefield doens't use OpenGL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think it was enter the matrix, or splinter cell that required 9.0, but I had the problem ever before that.

I only recently got this new graphics card, and I havn't had it working yet :/
    I've had it running with DX 8.1 and its still the same unfortunately.

I use OpenGL in CS, and its still the same :/

Is it possible that the graphics card could be faulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

nope, if it was faulty, machine wouldn't boot or you'd get image corruption. This is a driver issue. Install the latest via 4-in-1's, and consider a reinstall. Would be handy if you have another partition to mess about with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Latest DirectX 9.0a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I already tried formatting and reinstalling, I have vin 4in1 drivers installed :/

Advertisement