Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lir song

Options
  • 13-07-2003 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

hey, i dont know if many of ye remember the dublin band "lir" from the early 90's. im looking for a song by them. (i own the albums, but the one i need is in a press back in ireland, im in finland atm.).

its the hidden track from the american release of magico, magico (their first album).

the song has the lyrics (if i remember correctly, of:
    "i cant find the words to show how much it means to be here, blah blah... id really like to stay........"
    i have the irish version of the album beside me and their next album, nest, beside me too... but not the american version.

i cant get that song out of my head! argh! i need it.

does anyone have it?

dw

(p.s. before anyone asks, i dont have any way to prove that i actually own the albums... but i do own them (and i got them signed when they played bolton street in 97ish)).. hmm.. ive said too much!

edit: oh, i can send an image taken with my webcam of me holding the albums!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Good luck with your Quest!

Lír were great ;)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

omg, i cant believe theres another Lir freak on boards :)

I have the american version at home. Pm me to remind me and ill 'sort you out' this evening.

Lir were and remain my favorite band of all time. I think i first saw them around 91 in The Baggot and it was like an awakening. I couldnt believe there was an irish band making such good music. I went to almost every gig they played since, and yes, im that sad that i also have signed albums :)

God such a pity , they really were the band that got away :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea, all machines really do hum in A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

hehe.. cheers.. pm sent.

i think i got to see them about 5 or 6 times in all. i have vague recollections of travelling up to dublin (from limerick) in 94 or so to see them in whelans or somewhere. then i got to see them a few more times in virgin and a few other gigs. "in a day" and "redwood" have to be two of my favourite songs ever!

dw

Advertisement