Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL & Alcatel Speedtouch

• 13-07-2003 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Having problems with this setup from day 1. I am getting intermittant delays of approx 1-2 mins. Net access freezes (on tons of diff sites) but I can ping when the freeze occurs!

Any ideas out there?

My sys

Originally Dell XPS T600, but now with Powerleap Celeron 1.4 and PNY Ge4 Ti4200 - 384 PC100 SDRAM - Win Me - ALL latest drivers installed for all components and BIOS flashed to latest.

All help appreciated

And Eircom support as useful as a t*t on a bull !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

You're not the first, and probaby not the last.
    There have been threads on this before, when it happened to me I was running some uploads (which may have been from a peer-to-peer application, ahem!) which may hav been to blame - flooding your 128kbps upstream with uploads delays your TCP ACK messages for your downloads and will cause downloads to back off to the point of stopping... een though there's oodles of bandwidth available in downstream direction.
    Disable p2p application if it's running, otherwise try a different browser if it's just the web thats affected.
    If you're running the software that Eircom provided (Enternet) try uninstalling it and replacing it with RASPPPoE instead (easily found on a google)
    Hope this helps.
    MK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

That makes sense - i've uploaded more than i've downloaded in June !

Thks
    Buzz

Advertisement